You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

InCopy equivalent

Is it possible to create an InCopy equivalent for Affinity Publisher as this would allow content creators to know how much text should be used to maintain the flow of the layout without constantly having to go up-and-down with designers. InCopy allows writers/editors to make changes on the layout of publications without using InDesign. 

I have not gone into Affinity Publisher as I don't see this crucial feature. Please let me know if this is possible and if so keep us all informed. 

Edited by Thilal
Improvement

@Thilal You would be well advised to remove your email address from your post so it doesn’t get taken by nasty people and used for unwanted purposes.
Also, any information from the team at Serif will come via these forums or mass-mailings – they generally don’t liaise with individuals to tell them when things are happening.

You might also like to explain what “an InCopy equivalent” means and what you expect from it.
There are various existing threads that seem close to what I think you might be wanting but I can’t be sure unless you explain it further.

10 minutes ago, GarryP said:

You might also like to explain what “an InCopy equivalent” means and what you expect from it.

From InCopy - Writing and copy editing software:

What can you do with InCopy?

InCopy lets copywriters and editors style text, track changes and make simple layout modifications to a document while designers work on the same document simultaneously in Adobe InDesign — all without overwriting each other’s contributions.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

It looks like we won't see an incopy type thing for affinity publisher any time soon.   Maybe they could implement something like story editor which can allow for quick text based editing of (linked) text boxes.  At least that way you could make faster changes to underlying text documents. 

Base Unit:  Standard model M1 Mac Mini - until such time as I can afford a new or used Studio - albeit running its OS from an external NVMe (2TB).

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro Retina - i7, 16GB, 2TB SSD

Server: Mac Mini 2014 - i5, 16GB, 2TB SSD

Workshop: HP G4 running as a Hackintosh until more funds can be found to upgrade it.

Software:  Affinity Suite (ver. 2), Office 365, Fusion360, OnShape, Carbide Create, Cura, Inkscape