You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I want to post a question but the forums I can access are limited to three : tutorials, sharing, and resources. I cannot access any other forum to ask a question although was able to post a question some time ago; have no idea how I did it.

I am moving from PagePlus X9 to Affinity. I am very competent with PagePlus but am totally lost here. I have two immediate problems (in addition to not being able how to post to the right forum). First, in PagePlus there was an asset called 'backgrounds'. I used it on the front and rear covers of the journal I edit. I cannot figure out how to do the same thing in Affinity Publisher. Second, while I was able to set the default font and size in a text frame, menus have defeated every attempt. The font works, but the point size always returns to 12 -- I want 11. So, can someone help me find where and how to post these questions?

Moderators: It might be best if the moderators don’t move this thread, for the moment, if the OP cannot access other parts of the site.

I am curious as to why you cannot “access” any other areas of the site.
Can you tell us:
1. What software you are accessing the site on. Which browser, etc.
2. How you are trying to access the parts of the site you can’t get access to.
3. What happens when you try.

Screenshots (annotated if possible) may help us see what you are trying to do and what happens when you try.
Exact error messages, if you get any, are usually good for diagnostic purposes.

• Staff

@Hradcany

Your account certainly has permission to create new threads in the questions forum, where this belongs and where you have posted in the past.

Please click on this link (to Start New Topic (thread) in the Questions Forum) and tell me what happens when you do. I think it should just work.

In the meantime I have moved your post, and would expect a member of the support team to reply soon if the forum regulars have not already helped enough. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Hi HradCany, 

Your forum account should now be working as expected. Unfortunately there are no background assets in Affinity like there were in the old plus range apps. You could however import your own background images and store them in the apps asset panel. If you create a text frame then from the context tool bar apply the text settings you would like to be default such as text size etc. You should be able to go to Edit > Defaults > Sync from selection and then Edit > Defaults > Save to make these settings the default ones applied when you create a text box.

You may find the below list of tutorials handy for learning the app.

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.