You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

First try at a Panorama with Affinity Photo

First, thank you for the huge effort involved in bring the Affinity Suite to us. We wish you every success.

Re. the new Panorama facility. I have tried to get this to work over three Beta iterations (.14, .15. and .16), and on two fully updated and healthy MacBook Pros with a number of “known good” jpeg images. The first attempt brought just one of the jpegs into the right side preview window, rather than the “pre-panorama processing” thumbnail expected.

Further attempts with either Mac (including after restarts and safe boots) permitted the two images to be added to the Panorama Persona window as before, but pressing the “Stitch Panorama” button only showed a change in button greyness to indicate that the command had been “accepted” followed by complete lack of anything at all on the right side even after waiting a long time for processing. 

Your Help files are admirably helpful and clear, but offer no clues, and the new Panorama Persona looks really useful, what am I missing? 

Glad to see that the “will damage your Mac” dialogue was only present on the first download of .15, and hasn’t appeared on the second download attempt of .15, nor on .16.

• Staff

Welcome to the forums Uuiop :)

This sounds like your images do not contain any overlap. Is it possible to send me a link to the images that you're trying to us? I can then investigate further :)

I've just read the Panorama Persona help section and it seems to cover every aspect of the tool along with some nice tips. What do you feel is missing?

Hi Leigh, spot on diagnosis.. The overlap was the issue, maybe not the size of the overlap but the lack of feature differentiation in that area of the jpegs -- it was a wheat field pre-harvest through a gate with only a rather hidden tractor track and a distant hedgerow to give the software a guide to relative positioning. Can't stop playing with all these delights! Thanks to all for what you are doing and for the Forum. This is terrific software, roll on A-Publisher...

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble too.

I couldn't stitch even three images. There was plenty of overlap, good contact etc.

What issuing on?

Tried jpg and Tiff files.

Also - it wouldn't convert any image that was originally a RAW file, but converted to jpg.

Any thoughts?

Please help.

W

After some quick tests I'm just running a deep try of the Panorama persona right now.

This is a pano bokeh I've done and seems to work pretty fine!

panoBokeh.jpg

It seems to work with spherical mapping.

With exposure it does a terrific job... Blending is perfect.

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.