You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Marquee Tools jumps after making selection

ltichnor

Having this problem out of the blue, i've tried deleting and reinstalling designer, no luck. any time i make a selection with the marquee tool, or select sample color, the selection jumps up and to the left. i've attached a video of the issue

2018 Macbook Pro

Intel i9

32gb Ram

Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB

Macos 11.5.1

Affinity designer version 1.10.4

This is a known problem with documents that have Bleed.

I can't see whether your document has Bleed, but if it does you can try setting the Bleed to 0 to avoid the problem.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I’m also having this issue- specifically with the color sample selection functionality: after sampling and applying the color selection to my pixel image, the dotted line of my selection moves a few pixels to the right, every time after I click apply, making it impossible to remove with accuracy the selected portion of the image. When I try to remove the white backdrop in my scanned illustration, the displacement of the dotted selection line causes the removal of some of the character’s edge. I don't think it's a document with a bleed, could it be the same problem @Itichnor had?

49 minutes ago, fourtoeight said:

I don't think it's a document with a bleed,

You could check and confirm it. File > Document Setup should let you see whether you have a Bleed or not. But it does not sound like the same problem, as the problem we've discussed here involves the selection moving up and left, not right.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 months later...
On 1/21/2022 at 5:10 AM, walt.farrell said:

You could check and confirm it. File > Document Setup should let you see whether you have a Bleed or not. But it does not sound like the same problem, as the problem we've discussed here involves the selection moving up and left, not right.

Thank you, I was having this problem today and setting the document bleed to 0 fixed it!

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, bellyanalytical said:

PS: Since I'm here - it would be nice to be able to edit the document settings from the Pixel Persona, too!

You need to have the Move tool selected and have no layers selected for that to work.

1725747317_ScreenShot2022-09-16at12_38_49PM.png.3ae8b023b53417e6e56ef44fcf4c7863.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.