You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Canvas Rendering Issue

bendito33

I have 4 artboards with both raster and vector objects on each. There are multiple drop shadow FX on each. The canvass is bonkers with different color shapes and vertical and horizontal banding from the images. I'm on a new MacBook Pro w/ M1 Pro chip. This same behavior is happening in Designer and Photo. Video attached as well as file in question.Building Sign.afphoto

Building Sign.afphoto

It appears to be down to the Perspective Filter Layer on each of the signs. Did you make these by duplicating one artboard? Try again but before duplicating do a Merge with the merge button on the Perspective Filter Layer first.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

31 minutes ago, bendito33 said:

Thanks for the suggestion but I can't seem to get that Merge button to do anything. I click it and nothing changes for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Odd, I had it work on one and then I quit working with the file. Going back I see the same thing as you. I then used the Filter > Perspective actual filter and got that to work on all of them.

Click on the merge and nothing happens, means a bug. It is in both retail and beta versions.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I would just state what is happening in a new topic here in this forum Just noticed that is a Photo file, not a designer file.

You are using Designer on a Photo file. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Then there is the creation of artboards in a Photo file may be the cause of these problems.

Actually, I think the problem with the Merge button not working is that the filter is applied to a group.

• Staff

Hi @bendito33,

With the rendering issue, did you rotate the image at any point, before applying the Perspective?  We do have an issue logged where if an image has been rotated and then you apply a Perspective Filter, you get rendering issues like the ones shown with your file.  So i'm wondering if you are running into that?

If you select the group that has the Perspective layer in and Merge it, it does stop the rendering issue, but you can no longer edit the different parts of the group as everything has been merged into one.