You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Windows Customer Beta - 1.10.5.1227

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Fixes
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post a new thread in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback. 

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

• Fixed background layer being blurred when re-opening an afphoto file
  • Fixed artefacts on export of documents with a Live Radial Blur
  • Fixed Overlay Paint and Erase Tools in Develop Persona not painting correctly at small brush sizes
  • Fixed Overlay Paint Brush starting at the edge of canvas
  • Updated SerifLabs RAW (updated libraw to 202110)

Previous release notes

Edited by Patrick Connor
Version number in title corrected

• Staff

Additional Cameras supported by SerifLabs RAW engine in all Affinity Photo Desktop 1.10.5 builds (going forward)

• DJI
    • Mavic Air 2S
  • Fujifilm
    • GFX 50S II
    • GFX 100S
    • X-E4
  • GoPro
    • HERO9
    • HERO10
  • Nikon
    • Z fc
  • Olympus
    • E-P7
  • Panasonic
    • DC-GH5 Mark II
  • Pentax
    • K3 Mark III
  • Ricoh
    • GR IIIx
  • Sony
    • A1 (ILCE-1)
    • A7R-IIIA (ILCE-7RM3A)
    • A7R-IVA (ILCE-7RM4A)
    • ZV-E10
  • Multiple Camera Phones added
  • Canon
    • EOS M50 Mark II (was supported but not listed in camera list)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Initial quick tests work well on my windows 11 system.

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

one issue, a stockphoto causes no-responce of AP
there was a very high memory spike 

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

3 hours ago, Studio97Visuals said:

one issue, a stockphoto causes no-responce of AP
there was a very high memory spike 

Works fine here.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

• 3 weeks later...

I am processing Panasonic RW2 images from DC-GH5M2 and have disabled all adjustments in the develop assist.  However AP is applying some form of adjustment behind the scenes resulting in the histogram being moved to the left.  Therefore none of my LUT's will give the correct output with the resultant images.

Running the same image through Silkypix developer studio 8SE gives no such shift.  The .JPG images show no such shift.

All images are taken using v-logL with no camera processing used.

If may be I'm missing a setting but I believe I have disabled all of the auto adjustments.

Other than that it works very well in Win10, I7 8th Gen, 32gb ram, GTX1660Super.

Edited by Guest
Forgot to mention files use v-logL

1 hour ago, Dr Astronomy said:

However AP is applying some form of adjustment behind the scenes resulting in the histogram being moved to the left. 

In general you should not use RAW images in any function except File > Open and File > New Batch Job in Affinity Photo, because any other use of RAW images uses a shortened Develop path. But the shortening, as I understand it, involves ignoring the Develop Assistant settings, so if you've turned them off anyway, I'm not sure why it would matter for your case.

I wonder, however, what Assistant setting you have for output format? Have you set it for 16-bit or 32-bit output? That would probably affect how your LUTs work.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Here are the two histograms.  Dev1 is from the raw .rw2 image with all development settings turned off and 32bit output.  Dev2 is the .jpeg file for the same image taken by the camera at the same time.

If I use silkypix then I get the same output histogram as dev2 which is the correct histogram for the image.

As you cam imagine the lut just wont work on dev1.

dev1.JPG

dev2.JPG

1 hour ago, Dr Astronomy said:

Dev1 is from the raw .rw2 image with all development settings turned off and 32bit output.  Dev2 is the .jpeg file for the same image taken by the camera at the same time.

The JPG is certainly not in 32-bit. What do you get if you Develop to 16-bit instead?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

To try and match like for like the image below is a 16bit conversion to TIFF with all effects turned off.

If I apply my LUT to this file everything is fine but if I do the same with the file above the image is way out.

sp16bit.JPG

You say AP moves the histogram to the left. Are you sure its not the other way round, the jpeg moves the histogram to the right? The in camera jpeg has processing applied. I suspect your Silkypix is also applying adjustments and quite possibly duplicating what you've done in camera.

On 12/7/2021 at 3:31 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Additional Cameras supported by SerifLabs RAW engine in all Affinity Photo Desktop 1.10.5 builds (going forward)

• DJI
    • Mavic Air 2S
  • Fujifilm
    • GFX 50S II
    • GFX 100S
    • X-E4
  • GoPro
    • HERO9
    • HERO10
  • Nikon
    • Z fc
  • Olympus
    • E-P7
  • Panasonic
    • DC-GH5 Mark II
  • Pentax
    • K3 Mark III
  • Ricoh
    • GR IIIx
  • Sony
    • A1 (ILCE-1)
    • A7R-IIIA (ILCE-7RM3A)
    • A7R-IVA (ILCE-7RM4A)
    • ZV-E10
  • Multiple Camera Phones added
  • Canon
    • EOS M50 Mark II (was supported but not listed in camera list)

Is there any chance in the near future that the Sony A7 IV Lossless Compressed RAW files will be supported? Thanks

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB Ram, RTX 3070, LG 27" 4K 10Bit

Windows 11 22h2

Dell Laptop: i7 7700, 32GB Ram, GTX 1060, 16" 4K

Windows 10 22h2

• Staff
On 1/5/2022 at 6:12 PM, Gregory St. Laurent said:

Is there any chance in the near future that the Sony A7 IV Lossless Compressed RAW files will be supported? Thanks

Seriflabs raw support follows Libraw changes (this is based on 202110 snapshot) so until Libraw adds support the Affinity range won't, sorry

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 1/6/2022 at 5:12 AM, Gregory St. Laurent said:

I think Capture 1 Express 22 for Sony does and its easy to export to Affinity from there.

I think it is reading....

4 pixels for Red channel
4 pixels for Green channel
4 pixels for Blue channel

All channels = 12 pixels

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 3 weeks later...

498462992_.png.4a22f2c2eefc42d84ff4e00ee7035461.png

In the latest beta version, the "accumulation" function in the brush is still not repaired, resulting in the inability of the brush to draw smooth strokes and the lack of smooth transparency gradient of strokes. They are ghosting formed by the aggregation of traffic. I hope to solve it. Look at your photo in version 1.8.5. That version is normal.

4 hours ago, 小桥又流水了 said:

498462992_.png.4a22f2c2eefc42d84ff4e00ee7035461.png在最新的测试版中,画笔中的“累积”功能仍然没有修复,导致画笔无法绘制出平滑的笔触,笔触缺乏平滑的透明度渐变。 它们是由流量聚集形成的重影。 我希望能解决它。 在 1.8.5 版本中查看您的照片。 那个版本是正常的。

755895515_.png.42b9f540dda3639e15418262efb04c19.png

In version 1.8.5, the strokes drawn by the correct brush should be like this! Please see and pay attention to this huge defect!