You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My photoshop plugins are no longer accessible

Suddenly I am unable to access Affinity plugin. When I go to Affinity Preferences > Photoshop Plugins and select "Open Default Folder in Finder" the Plugin folder opens and I can see all of my plugins. However, when I go to Filters > Plugins nothing appears. They were accessible three days ago, but now I can no longer see them. The plugins were originally installed two years ago and I have had problem until today. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 5.01.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 5.07.34 PM.png

Not the best person to answer (as I do not have any plugins) but perhaps the actual files need to be in there instead of Aliases. Mac OS is weird sometimes.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Not sure what may have changed on your system, but at this point that is irrelevant. The plugins folder that you show contains applications (meaning you can open the plugin by double-clicking), but this is not the structure Photo needs. I ran into this as well. Using the NIK installer, I installed directly to a folder of choice. See James' excellent video.

Retired and living into the dream of photography and the digital darkroom

---

M2 Mac Studio 32GB Ram | BenQ 272W Monitor | Wacom Pro Tablet

Affinity V1, V2, and Betas | PhotoLab 7

Canon EOS 5D Mark III

Canon Pro 1000