You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer - Unable to print - Designer freezes

Hello, 

i do have files in letter format that includes HQ graphic files and since yesterday, Affinity Designer doesn`t complete the printing dialog and freezes when preparing. I tried all the performance settings including hw support disabled but they seem to be related more to the visual rendering than the actual file preparation for printing. I tried to export into PDF and was successful just once out of 10 attempts, so this is not a scalable option either.

Is there anything i can do to the document to lower the calculation for printing and/or export? At this point i`m stuck and can`t print my documents

MacBook Pro 2018, macOS Monterey, latest versions of OS and Software, Designer 1.10.4.

Thanks

@RDLH009

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

I'm not a Mac owner/user but I suspect it might be very useful if you could a) say exactly which printer you have whether its drivers are fully up-to-date and, b) if possible, attach here the file so that others can download it and test it on their computers, especially if they are also Mac users.  If you cannot attach the file because you need it to remain private then perhaps one of the moderators will be able to give you a link to upload it direct to Serif for the developers to have a look at it.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

• Staff

Depending on your printer manufacture and the driver it uses you may have a rasterise option in the print dialogue screen and if you do please try using this as it will create a single image and send this to the printer rather than the printer having to combine all of the individual objects before it prints.