You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer not responding

Hi,

I downloaded Affinity Design on Nov. 17th, 2015.  I am using a MacBook Pro that has the following system specs.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP31.0070.B07

SMC Version (system): 1.16f11

Serial Number (system): W87334AXX91

Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-0100-8000-001B63892FEC

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State: Enabled

I was able to run the program for a short time, but now when I start the program it fails to open.  Any help would be great.  

Thank you for your time.

Dan

Hi JFisher,

I tried "Clear" but the program still ended up not responding, then I tried reinstalling and the same problem happened.  I really need the program work so I can work on a project of my sisters upcoming wedding.  Not sure where to go from here, any other suggestions would be great.

Thank you,

Dan

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

I too am experiencing the "wheel turning"...I like the Affinity Designer program but I'm beginning to wonder if I can't get a solution soon I'll have to got o AI...are there any real fixes? I have major projects fast approaching and I need this to work and keep up w/my workflow.

Please help...thanks

7 hours ago, TonyTaibi said:

Please help

You are posting to a 6 years old thread that was started by a user with an "antique" MacBook Pro from 2007 (!) which is definitely one of the main reasons why they have performance problems. (I own a MacBook Pro 2008, among others, which may perform slightly better, but it can  feel sluggish at times, especially as long as it still had a spinning hard drive rather than SSD.)

So, please either search for another thread that describes the issues you're having on a comparable computer like the one you're using.
Or start a new thread and post as many technical informations about your setup as possible, including e.g. a screencast to demonstrate the steps you're perfoming that lead to "wheel turning".
Thanks

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2015 at 1:20 PM, dschaeffer325 said:

Hi JFisher,

I tried "Clear" but the program still ended up not responding, then I tried reinstalling and the same problem happened.  I really need the program work so I can work on a project of my sisters upcoming wedding.  Not sure where to go from here, any other suggestions would be great.

Thank you,

Dan

Hi did you ever get the "Not Responding" Issue resolved? I continue to have the same problem after 1-2 months of use...really considering switching to AI..can't get professional help

5 hours ago, TonyTaibi said:

Hi did you ever get the "Not Responding" Issue resolved? I continue to have the same problem after 1-2 months of use...really considering switching to AI..can't get professional help

Did you read loukash's reply? You're responding to a 6 year old post. Furthermore, that person has only 3 total posts, so it's doubtful he's frequenting the forums. In fact he last visited in May 2016

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

4 minutes ago, Ron P. said:

In fact he last visited in May 201

I wasn't even aware that they had the internet back in 201... 🤣

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Fixed...

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD