You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] Ă—

To make the Histogram more convenient!

Hello there.
When I process a raw photo, I need to always see the histogram.
But unfortunately it is visible only on the Basic Studio tab.
When changing parameters in other Studios, the histogram also changes, but it is not visible there and it is easy to get clipping.
After every parameter change in one studio, I have to switch to the Histogram in Basic Studio to check.
It is very uncomfortable.
Could the developers make the histogram a undockable floating palette?

The second request is to place the options for choosing the color channels of the Histogram not in the drop-down menu, but to the right of the name itself, since there is enough space (see the attached picture).

Thanks so much for the excellent app!

AndMakeHistogramFloating.jpeg

Good suggestions🙂. If you are using the histogram to check for clipping, an alternative may be to turn on toggle clipping….

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Thanks for your support and advice. I am aware of this mode. But when I work with a composition, I just need to control it by the histogram. Enabling clipping is sometimes useful, but in most cases it just distorts the overall feel of the composition.

Continuous control over the histogram is useful not only for preventing clipping, but also for general composition control.

If it is difficult for developers to make a floating histogram palette, the developers can solve the problem in another way: to bring all the studio controls into one scroll-list, over which to fix the histogram.