You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.3.5.14 - RC4)

Not a major bug, but probably an easy fix:

If you show the grid, rotate the canvas a bit and then use the menu to reset the rotation, the grid remains in its rotated state. When you move the canvas or zoom it resets and trying to draw shapes will snap to the correct grid (although it doesn't match with the grid you see) but it looks out of place on an otherwise very professional app.

See Attached pic.

Also, I can confirm that the cropping bug I was having with gaussian blurred group children is fixed. Thanks! :)

post-2981-0-70620100-1448974849_thumb.jpg

Add an “l” after the “f” and you get “Zeichenfläche” … However, this word seems a bit generic to me: A single non-artboard document also has something you could call Zeichenfläche.

“Zeichenfläche” is Adobe terminology …

https://helpx.adobe.com/de/illustrator/using/using-multiple-artboards.html

But don’t misunderstand me, I would not suggest to use “Zeichenfläche” instead of “Artboard” … I just wanted to express my opinion that “ArtBoard” is so awkward, that I would rather live with … yes, the word I spelled “Zeichenf(…)äche” …  ;)

I've run into an issue when selecting fonts from the Character Studio panel—at least in some instances—for instance at the moment I've been using the Capitolium News font, synced via Typekit—and when selecting from the Studio panel I can only select the regular weight, or else attempting an alternative switches it to a random font. However when selecting the font family from the top contextual toolbar, I'm able to view and select all available weights. I'm assuming this may have something to do with the new fallback features.

Thanks. This should be fixed in the next beta.

Could you elaborate on that?

If I import my color pallet into the latest Betas, and then open one of my documents, the application reverts/falls back to the Grays color pallet instead of my preferred color pallet.  And, if I set my color pallet and save it as a default, as soon as I close my document, the application again falls back to the gray pallet.

The application should remember the last used pallet without having to reselect it every time a document is opened or closed.  My solution to this is to delete all of the application pallets leaving only the one I want to work on but this is not an ideal solution because I have more then one pallet that I use.  

I know that this probably isn't part of the fallback feature but I had posted this issue before and did not get any feedback so I thought that I would post it again here.

• Staff

If I import my color pallet into the latest Betas, and then open one of my documents, the application reverts/falls back to the Grays color pallet instead of my preferred color pallet.  And, if I set my color pallet and save it as a default, as soon as I close my document, the application again falls back to the gray pallet.

The application should remember the last used pallet without having to reselect it every time a document is opened or closed.  My solution to this is to delete all of the application pallets leaving only the one I want to work on but this is not an ideal solution because I have more then one pallet that I use.  

I know that this probably isn't part of the fallback feature but I had posted this issue before and did not get any feedback so I thought that I would post it again here.

Due to the addition of global colours and document palettes, each document now remembers its own last selected palette since the palette might or might not exist. The bug is that the last selected palette is not serialised with the document so when you load it back up it just defaults to the top palette which is usually a document palette.

Edit: I might look to see if I can improve on some of the logic but we are very close to app store submission, so we try to avoid anything that can potentially break the app even more!

Due to the addition of global colours and document palettes, each document now remembers its own last selected palette since the palette might or might not exist. The bug is that the last selected palette is not serialised with the document so when you load it back up it just defaults to the top palette which is usually a document palette.

Edit: I might look to see if I can improve on some of the logic but we are very close to app store submission, so we try to avoid anything that can potentially break the app even more!

Thank you for that explanation, however, when I open a document and reselect a different palette and save it, why doesn't it re-open with my preferred palette?  Do I have to re-create all my documents again?  How do I "embed" a palette within the document if document was created using a prior version of AD?  Why wouldn't it default to my preferred palette or last used one?  And if the document is saved as a RGB/8(for example), why doesn't it use the palette that I set up as a default for that color space?  

It seams to me that the option to save as a default doesn't work.

If a document palette doesn't exist within the document, it should revert to the current application palette and not the top one on the list.

post-4966-0-90687900-1448984104_thumb.png

• Staff

Thank you for that explanation, however, when I open a document and reselect a different palette and save it, why doesn't it re-open with my preferred palette?

It seams to me that the option to save as a default doesn't work.

I think this is a bug and should be fixed.

The 'save as default' item is just a way to create a new document with a specific document palette y default. It has nothing to do with selection, so this option won't help you very much.

MatP,

Yes, I only use Wacom Intuos tablets (a 5 and a Pro.) I am actually not so concerned about the gestures as much as I am about having full 360º rotation. Photoshop has pretty much nailed feature. It's been just about perfect since CS3. I don't really mind using my pen to do the rotation since I am using it to draw with at the time anyways.

One more (apparent) bug I've noticed—when selecting text layers and trying to move them to the top of the stacking order with Shift+Cmd+], it instead shifts the paragraph orientation to flush right instead of affecting the sort order. I'd think that paragraph orientation should be something limited to a button command.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.