You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Installed fonts not showing in fonts list (Split)

14 minutes ago, anisa said:

I'm having the exact same issue. The font appears on other software but not in affinity designer

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @anisa. :)

If the font in question is Bebas Neue, please refer to my earlier post:

If you’re having the same problem with a different font, please tell us its name.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

18 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @anisa. :)

If the font in question is Bebas Neue, please refer to my earlier post:

If you’re having the same problem with a different font, please tell us its name.

Hi the font is Welcome Christmas 

50 minutes ago, anisa said:

the font is Welcome Christmas

If you mean this one, I don’t have a problem with it here:

spacer.png

Are you on iPadOS 15? I’m still on version 14.8.

Alfred spacer.png

@anisa

This is the forum for Affinity apps on iPad.

You need to repost your question to the "Affinity on Desktop (Mac and Windows)" area of these forums, or perhaps a moderator will move your post.

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

10 minutes ago, emmrecs01 said:

@anisa

This is the forum for Affinity apps on iPad.

You need to repost your question to the "Affinity on Desktop (Mac and Windows)" area of these forums, or perhaps a moderator will move your post.

Thanks, Jeff. I was about to post something similar! This font in question is this one, and it works correctly in AD on iPad.

Welcome Christmas.afdesign

Alfred spacer.png

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

Thanks, Jeff. I was about to post something similar! This font in question is this one, and it works correctly in AD on iPad.

Welcome Christmas.afdesign

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

Welcome Christmas.afdesign 39.66 kB · 1 download

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

Welcome Christmas.afdesign 39.66 kB · 1 download

Thankyou, I downloaded from Creative Fabrica and installed it. Its working perfectly in Design Space but its not on my font list on Affinity Designer

17 minutes ago, anisa said:

Thankyou, I downloaded from Creative Fabrica and installed it. Its working perfectly in Design Space but its noton my font list on Affinity Designer

Is it only missing from the list, or is the text in my file also displayed incorrectly?

Alfred spacer.png

33 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Is it only missing from the list, or is the text in my file also displayed incorrectly?

Sorry, what do you mean  'the text in my file'?

I can use the font in other software so its installed correctly, when I select font in affinity then its not there as a selection

Just now, anisa said:

I can use the font in other software so its installed correctly, when I select font in affinity then its not there as a selection

Affinity applications cannot use Coloured Fonts or Variable Fonts, perhaps this is the problem.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

57 minutes ago, anisa said:

Sorry, what do you mean  'the text in my file'?

I used the font in the file ‘Welcome Christmas.afdesign’ that I attached earlier. It’s very similar to the sample on the Creative Fabrica website, but if you look closely you should be able to see that the ‘W’ in ‘Welcome’ and the ‘m’ in ‘Christmas’ don’t have swashes (because I didn’t enable any of the OpenType ‘Stylistic Set’ options).

72707CDE-B18E-45D9-915C-4B85F53AB17F.jpeg

Alfred spacer.png

1 hour ago, Old Bruce said:

Affinity applications cannot use Coloured Fonts or Variable Fonts, perhaps this is the problem.

No, that isn’t the problem here. It’s an OTF file containing only one (Regular) style.

Alfred spacer.png

11 minutes ago, Alfred said:

I used the font in the file ‘Welcome Christmas.afdesign’ that I attached earlier. It’s very similar to the sample on the Creative Fabrica website, but if you look closely you should be able to see that the ‘W’ in ‘Welcome’ and the ‘m’ in ‘Christmas’ don’t have swashes (because I didn’t enable any of the OpenType ‘Stylistic Set’ options).

72707CDE-B18E-45D9-915C-4B85F53AB17F.jpeg

ah ok, how do I do this? the one you sent opened as an image. How do i use the text without the swooshes?

33 minutes ago, anisa said:

ah ok, how do I do this? the one you sent opened as an image. How do i use the text without the swooshes?

That one opened as an image because it’s a screenshot. This is the *.afdesign file that the screenshot came from.

Alfred spacer.png

9 minutes ago, Alfred said:

That one opened as an image because it’s a screenshot. This is the *.afdesign file that the screenshot came from.

That has opened up and i can edit the font, is there a way of saving that font into affinity whilst its open?

@anisa
Have you restarted ADesigner since you installed the font?
That would make sure it rebuilds its font cache.

Have you restarted Windows 10 since you installed the font?
That would/should cause Windows to rebuilt its font cache.

Did you accidentally install the font twice?
Affinity apps will sometimes show nothing when confused by multiple font files for the same font in the Fonts folder.
If the font file is locked and you install it again, you will end up with duplicate font files.
And that confuses Affinity apps.

7 minutes ago, anisa said:

That has opened up and i can edit the font, is there a way of saving that font into affinity whilst its open?

If you select the text and copy it, you should be able to apply the same attributes (font face, size, colour, etc) to any other piece of text via the ‘Paste Style’ command.

54 minutes ago, anisa said:

How do i use the text without the swooshes?

Once you’ve successfully set a piece of text to use that font, I would expect that the relevant OpenType options in the character panel will be available to you. Here are examples of W and M in the default style, together with Stylistic Sets 01, 02, and 03:

ACCAC592-2817-4BCB-99E8-96F3AB511673.jpeg

Alfred spacer.png

28 minutes ago, Alfred said:

If you select the text and copy it, you should be able to apply the same attributes (font face, size, colour, etc) to any other piece of text via the ‘Paste Style’ command.

Once you’ve successfully set a piece of text to use that font, I would expect that the relevant OpenType options in the character panel will be available to you. Here are examples of W and M in the default style, together with Stylistic Sets 01, 02, and 03:

ACCAC592-2817-4BCB-99E8-96F3AB511673.jpeg

Ive managed to copy and paste the text and then edit it. Thankyou so much. ive opened up the glyphs but how do i move those  to my project?

11 minutes ago, anisa said:

Ive managed to copy and paste the text and then edit it. Thankyou so much.

You’re welcome. :)

11 minutes ago, anisa said:

ive opened up the glyphs but how do i move those  to my project?

I’m afraid I don’t understand your question. :(

Alfred spacer.png