You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

WHAT IS THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM DOING?

Looking over the other posts here, there seems to be a fair whack of issues with Affinity Designer on iPad. Personally I’m continuing to have issues with ‘text suggestions’ not working on the the keyboard with 4th gen iPad Pro, one I raised a while ago, the never ending and bloody frustrating issue with ‘stroke weight’ using the Apple Pencil 2 for God knows how long and the app ghosting out on me for what seems to be such minor tasks like opening a doc, one that I’ve opened many times before with no problem at all, opening documents to find ‘stroke paths’ out of alignment and so on! With that said, its frustrating using an app with great potential but on the other hand lets you down everyday for weeks on end. Serif iPad Development Team I use your product as a tool in my inventory to make a living so PLEASE try address some of the  issues and the constant ones on the forum, after all what’s wrong? Do you have to have a certain amount of issues/bugs before you can do an IOSiPad update? I don’t know, maybe I’m just expecting too darn much!

Yours faithfully, Addicted to Design 😁

This sounds more like a rant (sorry, ‘feedback’) than a bug report. If you’ve previously made bug report posts that seem to have escaped the attention of Serif’s QA staff, please ‘bump’ the relevant threads by posting to them again.

And please don't ‘shout’ when creating topic titles.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2021 at 11:06 PM, Alfred said:

This sounds more like a rant

I think it’s a fair question. What are the developers doing? Do they not have a team dedicated to the iOS apps?
We have many bugs being reported again and again. Often the same bug reported multiple times because there is no user accessible concise numbered list of reported bugs. Many reports are 'bumped' by Mods to try and get some action going with developers. Again no feedback to indicate bumping has actually resulted in the bug getting some attention.  
There does not 'appear' to be a 'process' for prioritising action to fix reported bugs. I’m guessing that there must be some sort of process, but if so it lacks communication of progress to end users and, I suspect mods are just as in the dark as us when it comes to what is being fixed.  
Updates and releases don’t provide a full list of fixes either. Worse still, some updates reintroduce previously 'fixed' bugs. 
From a users perspective, many basic feature requests made over the past few years continue to be completely ignored. 
I’d say 'all in all, development for iOS has always appeared to be a bit of a dogs breakfast', and yes, that might indeed be considered ranting 😂.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

I’m afraid I have to agree with the concerns posted above.  There is, at the very least, the appearance of failure to communicate with Serif’s user base.  I’ve learned that when I fail to communicate, I get results I don’t want.

Right now I have documented issues with Designer on both MacBook and iPad, and I can tell from forum posts I’m not the only one.

Please Serif, fix the bugs, and communicate some sort of priority ranking for those you do decide to fix.

Regards

Edited by LionelD
Punctuation

• 2 months later...
On 11/29/2021 at 12:06 PM, Alfred said:

This sounds more like a rant (sorry, ‘feedback’) than a bug report. If you’ve previously made bug report posts that seem to have escaped the attention of Serif’s QA staff, please ‘bump’ the relevant threads by posting to them again.

And please don't ‘shout’ when creating topic titles.

Paying customers tend to "rant" when their feedback or reporting of persistent issues appear to get ignored.