You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Community

I'm on Publisher 1.10.4.1198. 

I have a picture frame with multiple adjustment layers and with three more sub-groups in it. The sub-groups contain masks and adjustment layers. 

Problem: I try to resize the picture frame but not the Image in it. Only the frame. I therefore drag the picture frame on one of the blue bullets with the move tool. The Image gets resized too. It looks like it is attached to the image frame. 

If I put a new image frame in the document with a image in it, i can resize the frame with the same technic as desribed but the image gets not touched. It stays in the same size. 

How can I in my above discribed image frame with its sub-groups achieve, that only the frame gets riesized but not the image?

Edit: The frame "Properties" is set to "None" - The picture will not be scaled

Thanks in advance.

Jayenbee

1 hour ago, Jayenbee said:

The Image gets resized too. It looks like it is attached to the image frame. (…)

Edit: The frame "Properties" is set to "None" - The picture will not be scaled

In a Picture Frame the image is always attached to its frame. It's kind of a feature. You can interrupt this with "Lock children" as @anto pointed out. But it should work to scale the frame only with one of its 8 regular nodes without having children locked.

When you move one of these nodes of the picture frame does the image get scaled or does it appear moved inside the frame?

How does in the Properties the Anchor graphic appear? Are its 9 squares of same size or is one larger?
In my experience the displayed status in the 3+1 scaling options is not always reliable and might need a confirming extra click to become true.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

18 hours ago, anto said:

Select frame and try to check "Lock children" on main Context toolbar.

Jesus! that setting was hard to find. It found it by clicking the arrows on the toolbars end on the right.

Thanks a lot for the hint.

After I checked "Lock children" it worked perfectly.

Thanks and cheers

Jayenbee

18 hours ago, thomaso said:

When you move one of these nodes of the picture frame does the image get scaled or does it appear moved inside the frame?

How does in the Properties the Anchor graphic appear? Are its 9 squares of same size or is one larger?

When I moved one of the nodes, it scaled the image.

The problem was solved after I unchecked the anchor. Afterwards the scale-setting "none" worked as expected.

Anto's hint worked too. One can have left the anchor checked and make use of the setting "Lock children". The image frames content doesn't get resized while draging the nodes this way too.

Greets

Jayenbee

17 minutes ago, Jayenbee said:

The problem was solved after I unchecked the anchor. Afterwards the scale-setting "none" worked as expected. (…) One can have left the anchor checked and make use of the setting "Lock children". The image frames content doesn't get resized while draging the nodes this way too.

Thanks for the feedback. I think it is a coded mistake that in mode "None" the anchor matters or can be set at all, at least it must not cause any image scaling.

Note that "Lock children" affects all child objects in this document as long it is ticked – different to "Properties" which affects only its related single object.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1