You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Scroll Zoom and command+scroll Canvas Rotation Dont Work together

So I just enabled my mouse scroll wheel to zoom by going to preferences>tools>use mouse wheel to zoom.

I also enabled canvas rotation with command+scroll wheel by checking the box under preferences>tools>enable canvas rotation with command+scroll wheel

I'm able to zoom with my scroll wheel but when I hold down on command and start scrolling my canvas does NOT rotate. Why is that? Are both scrolls conflicting with each other? I dont see why it would if I'm holding down on command first before I start scrolling. Is this a bug? 

And If I uncheck the "use mouse wheel to zoom" under preferences I'm then allowed to rotate my canvas by holding down on command + scroll but i cant scroll zoom since I disabled it. So I cant have it both ways but why would this be an issue? They both should work together. 

On Windows holding down the ALT key with the mouse wheel allows you to rotate the canvas, and you still have the use mouse wheel to zoom. On a MAC I think that would be the same as the OPTION key. Have you tried it?

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

2 hours ago, Ron P. said:

On a MAC I think that would be the same as the OPTION key. Have you tried it?

Option+scroll does NOT rotate the canvas on a mac. Command+scroll DOES rotate the canvas on a mac.

However, if you have both "use mouse wheel to zoom" & "enabled canvas rotation with command+scroll" both turned on the "command+scroll" will not work. I don't know why it wont. I guess both cant be checked since they both use scroll. Only 1 can be turned on. 

@thomasoyeah. really I just wanted my mouse scroll to zoom in and out. which I got to work already by turning on the "use mouse wheel to zoom" in the preferences.  However, I dont think I'll be using rotation that much so the command+scroll isnt really something I badly need. I just brought this up because it should work but it not. Its cool though. I got everything I needed to work and if Serif sees this they can have a look into it. Thank you though. I appreciate it.