You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Save to iCloud does not work (iOS 15.1 / iPad Pro 4th gen)

Cmon180

2 hours ago, Cmon180 said:

On iCloud.com the folder is missing

Make sure that in Affinity settings the default save folder is set to iCloud and not Local on IPad. The folder doesn’t appear until you actually Save a file. Files on iPad are not Saved until you tap Save ((3 bars icon under project icon or Save in Document menu (which only appears after the file has been saved the other way)).🙂

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

10 hours ago, DM1 said:

Make sure that in Affinity settings the default save folder is set to iCloud and not Local on IPad. The folder doesn’t appear until you actually Save a file. Files on iPad are not Saved until you tap Save ((3 bars icon under project icon or Save in Document menu (which only appears after the file has been saved the other way)).🙂

My file is saved as you described, just stored on my Ipad in the "iCloud drive", but not on "iCloud.com". With the same settings it works fine with Affinity Photo. In the settings of iCloud on the iPad also appears twice "affinity photo" (to see in the picture above). But Why?
It seems to be a bug of "Affinity designer" to register incorrectly to iCloud service on my iPad.

• Staff

Hi @Cmon180and Welcome to the Forums,

16 hours ago, Cmon180 said:

On iCloud.com the folder is missing. 

I had the same issue, but on Desktop with my Affinity Publisher folder not showing on iCloud.  Only way i was able to fix it, was by signing out of iCloud and back in on my iMac.  So if you can try signing out of iCloud on your iPad and back in, then saving a file via Affinity and checking the iCloud site, you should see your Affinity folder is now present.

On 11/29/2021 at 11:49 AM, stokerg said:

Hi @Cmon180and Welcome to the Forums,

I had the same issue, but on Desktop with my Affinity Publisher folder not showing on iCloud.  Only way i was able to fix it, was by signing out of iCloud and back in on my iMac.  So if you can try signing out of iCloud on your iPad and back in, then saving a file via Affinity and checking the iCloud site, you should see your Affinity folder is now present.

I have completely wiped my IPad and iCloud storage. After that I did a clean install. Did not use a backup (vanilla). The first app I installed was Affinity Designer, then selected iCloud as storage and saved a file. And boom, same error. Affinity Designer visible in iCloud Drive, but not on iCloud.com. Now it's starting to get frustrating. What else should I try? Doesn't anyone have the same problem? 
Thanks to all in advance

4 hours ago, Cmon180 said:

then selected iCloud as storage and saved a file

Could you describe these steps in more detail please. How/where did you select iCloud? What process (menu/steps) did you use to Save the file. 🙂

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Running into the same issue. Saving a document and it doesn't show up in my iCloud folder in Windows 10. Also tried exporting as SVG and still nothing.

Tried to force a sync by changing a filename in Windows, but the files still didn't show up.

EDIT: After exporting to SVG and emailing it to myself and then saving it to my iCloud Drive subfolder I was trying to save to in the first place, it finally synced and showed the afdesign file

Edited by mediumcheese
updated info

• 1 year later...