You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Better Use of Storage for our account

I know that we all get 10 GB of account storage for this forum, wouldn't it make better sense to use it in our app store account and let us upload assets, brushes, images, etc. to it so that when there is a crash we can just re-load our stuff back into the apps? I would love to see this happen in the future. It would be really handy.

This forum is totally independent from Affinity and Serif. You do not need to own any Affinity or Serif product to be a member of this forum.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

6 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

This forum is totally independent from Affinity and Serif. You do not need to own any Affinity or Serif product to be a member of this forum.

Can you relate this to my comment please? Look at it as a suggestion then. Maybe not the same storage but a form of storage.

12 hours ago, evtonic3 said:

I know that we all get 10 GB of account storage for this forum, wouldn't it make better sense to use it in our app store account and let us upload assets, brushes, images, etc. to it so that when there is a crash we can just re-load our stuff back into the apps? I would love to see this happen in the future. It would be really handy.

Serif already provides storage for assets, brushes, etc you purchase from them which can be reloaded in the event of a crash

And there are many other online free/paid cloud based storage facilities where you can save your other assets, brushes, images etc

Serif is not a backup company and providing 10GB storage for over a million users could get expensive

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.