You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Does anyone print from AP with their own inkjet printer (mine is Canon 100 Pro).

At the moment resorting to Apple Photo just to get a print the size I want but this is not good enough control for my purposes.

ICC profile, ppi, exact size, paper type. None seem to be available from AP..

There is a large selection of ICC profiles in ColorSync (Mac mini) but nothing seems to work from the AP print menu.??

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

1 hour ago, Sharkey said:

ICC profile, ppi, exact size, paper type. None seem to be available from AP..

It may vary with the connected printer but I suppose at least size (%) and paper type should be visible. If they don't appear in any of the various menus can you post screenshots of the print dialog menus and their details?

I noticed that in Affinity the printer options in the print dialog appear with a limited set which appears to be related to the fact that in macOS by default a printer gets setup with the connection via "Bonjour" & appears to use Apples driverless technology "Airprint" (compare this post). (That's why I prefer to export as PDF first and print from Acrobat which appears to use its own 'printer engine', this way I also ensure to print with identical settings for data of different kind and programs).

If your printer offers a driver you could try to install in macOS System Preferences > Printer & Scanner your Canon printer as an additional virtual printer but connected via TCP/IP (next to the option "Standard") to enable the manual selection of a specific driver software. For this setup you might need to know your printers network name or its IP address. If setup successfully and selected as printer in Affinity it offers additional options in its menu, e.g. 'Color Matching' and 'Printer Features':

58156481_printoptionsepsonbonjour.jpg.3faa9bf4ff9651afc64d8ddb2e4b7cb9.jpg . 1826607413_printoptionsepsonprintertcp-ip.jpg.818132d1d81d89309d4f867afc3a97df.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1