You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Xmas Card & Envelope

v_kyr

In order to get ready and prepared for Xmas, I share this time one of my XMas card & envelope vector designs for the Affinity forum community.

• The Xmas envelope which already contains a mounted in Xmas card design looks like this ...

xmas_envelope_card_merry_christmas_600.jpg.e5075399ad6c2476784483a1005fa899.jpg

• The Xmas card design used looks like this ...

xmas_greeting_card_600.jpg.66ea19e9075710ed0399f2e3d907fb3b.jpg

You can of course customize these to your own individual needs. You will find a bunch of Xmas related assets to place onto Xmas cards and the envelope for example under some of my other resources contributions, see therefor:

Here are the Affinity Designer related files for download (which can also be (re)used in the other Affinity apps):

Have a good time over Xmas!

xmas_card_kid_small.png.32ec29d919fb5ab607cc9c721278457d.png

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Thank you for posting the link to this thread in the following thread.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/154579-christmas-cards-2021/

I have been trying to make an image by making an SVG file, without converting text to curves, of my card in the above thread, exporting the svg file from an .afdesign file, not from the png file that is in the forum post, then placing it in a copy of your file that has the card coming out of the envelope.

I then made my card the same width as your card, with the aspect ratio locked when I resized it. I moved it to the same (x, y) as your card and rotated by -12 degrees and it lay over your card. So far, good.

However, part of the wording was inside the envelope, so I moved the card out of the envelope so that all the wordimg became visible. So far, good, but!

The "but" is that the top of the card was now higher than the background.

I have tried to stretch the background, change the setup size of the document, but I am stuck at present.

I am still trying to work out how to do it.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

Please find the svg file attached.

The font is available from the following link.

It is alright to use it as I made the font myself and any rights in it that exist belong to me.

https://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ngo/SONNETRL.TTF

William

Peaceful_Christmas for making an SVG file.svg

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

I managed to solve the problems that I was having and I learned a lot along the way.

Here is a link to the result.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/154579-christmas-cards-2021/&do=findComment&comment=870726

William

• 1 year later...

This years 2022 Xmas card will probably look mostly like this ...

xmas_karte_2022.png.9e26b81f95b4762ff3c9a2ec005d33a4.png

The corresponding ADe v1 vector file:

Have a nice and peaceful Christmas time!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

On 11/28/2021 at 12:48 PM, v_kyr said:

You can of course customize these to your own individual needs. You will find a bunch of Xmas related assets to place onto Xmas cards and the envelope for example under some of my other resources contributions, see ....

@v_kyr:

I found your card very inspiring and have tried to "recreate" it. This was my first time with Affinity Designer, so don't hit me too hard ....

Card_self.jpg

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, iPad 8, MACOS Sonoma & iPadOS, Affinity V2-Universallizenz