You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pages Panel Doesn't Show Pages Numbers.

6 minutes ago, Vickyniki said:

"Make Text Bigger" option

Just in case: there is one in Affinity, too. Go to app Preferences > User Interface > Font UI size > and choose "Large". 329336096_UIfontsizelarge.jpg.fc562b03e6d4830898b07dcf5a8b20ca.jpg

The Affinity setting works different than Windows and affects all text in the entire Affinity interface items, whereas your screenshot looks as if e.g. panel titels aren't increased by your Windows option.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

1 hour ago, thomaso said:

Just in case: there is one in Affinity, too. Go to app Preferences > User Interface > Font UI size > and choose "Large". 329336096_UIfontsizelarge.jpg.fc562b03e6d4830898b07dcf5a8b20ca.jpg

The Affinity setting works different than Windows and affects all text in the entire Affinity interface items, whereas your screenshot looks as if e.g. panel titels aren't increased by your Windows option.

I got very excited about this. I went to change it as you explained it but I don't think I have that option unless I am in the wrong place. I went to Edit > Preferences > User Interface and I can't find it. I attached a screenshot. Am I in the wrong place? I think it is because I am using Windows. Thank you by the way.

affinity3.png

@Vickyniki

Unfortunately that option which @thomaso mentions is a MAC-only feature!

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

1 hour ago, Vickyniki said:

I think it is because I am using Windows.

Thank you for the feedback, and sorry, I was not aware this Affinity feature is mac only. By the way, in macOS there is no such system setting for interface text size like in Windows, in mac a possible option affects only the text of file data (name, size, date etc) in macOS Finder windows (~ Windows Explorer) but not the interface.

Your screenshots make me curious: It appears strange that your text size setting is applied to certain UI elements only. Can you show a screenshot of a full Affinity screen with some panels opened and a layout object selected? I am just interested to understand the principle behind that selective text enlargement done by Windows.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

8 minutes ago, thomaso said:

Thank you for the feedback, and sorry, I was not aware this Affinity feature is mac only. By the way, in macOS there is no such system setting for interface text size like in Windows, in mac a possible option affects only the text of file data (name, size, date etc) in macOS Finder windows (~ Windows Explorer) but not the interface.

Your screenshots make me curious: It appears strange that your text size setting is applied to certain UI elements only. Can you show a screenshot of a full Affinity screen with some panels opened and a layout object selected? I am just interested to understand the principle behind that selective text enlargement done by Windows.

Sure, my pleasure. I am attaching a screenshot of the Affinity Publisher before opening a document and another after opening a document with a object selected. Remember that I am a newbie to Affinity and I have no idea where things are or the proper name for them. If this is not what you meant please let me know so I can take another screenshot for you.

Affinity4.png

Affinity5.png

3 hours ago, thomaso said:

It mostly affects directly system based major controls that are least likely to mess up app-intrinsic control measurements, so in menus and such. Certain apps are completely unaffected, but it does not affect (and is not meant to affect) UI text in apps linearly even in e.g. Microsoft Office apps. So generally UI font size is designed to be scaled along the rest of the UI but offering some leeway for "text only" works reasonably well for general and OS navigation when used in "moderate" scale.

As for the Affinity text size "alternative" in macOS version, it is much illusory because the "Large" option is basically the same as in other apps the default UI font size [and in Affinity Windows version apps the only available font size], so it is not even nearly equivalent to what e.g. Photoshop has both on Windows and macOS (four UI font sizes, "Small" being the default and approximately same as "Large" in Affinity apps), or what e.g. VectorStyler offers (free linear scaling of both controls and fonts) on both platforms.