You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Help with this Portrait ?

5 minutes ago, augustya said:

Ok, So what you are saying is there are no inbuilt Brushes which come in Affinity Photo ? I dont quite remember how in the Brush Panel in my APP the Brush is showing so many Brushes? I do not remember if I imported before, I certainly imported the One's which you linked above in one your Posts here.

Please, read what @R C-R and I wrote: There are no inbuilt hair brushes. Let me be more precise, there are no inbuilt brushes for painting in hair. (As some of the inbuilt brushes mimic analog hair brushes.)

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

12 minutes ago, augustya said:

So what I am seeing in my AF APP is maybe I may have imported it ?

I don't know what you can see in your affinity apps. All we tried to explain is, that you need to import some hair brushes (special brush forms/setup which are used for painting realistic looking hair) in order to paint hair properly. There are tons of inbuilt brushes, but neither of them is any good for painting hair. 

Import a hair brush set, pick one of those imported brushes, paint hair with that. Simple as that.

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

14 minutes ago, Andy05 said:

I don't know what you can see in your affinity apps. All we tried to explain is, that you need to import some hair brushes (special brush forms/setup which are used for painting realistic looking hair) in order to paint hair properly. There are tons of inbuilt brushes, but neither of them is any good for painting hair. 

Import a hair brush set, pick one of those imported brushes, paint hair with that. Simple as that.

Ok. Forget it. I think we are taking in circles.

2 minutes ago, augustya said:

Ok. Forget it. I think we are taking in circles.

I was about to write the same in my last reply as I started to think you'd try to troll us. @R C-R's and my instructions couldn't have been easier or more clear, really.

Paul Rand (1914-1996)

2 minutes ago, Andy05 said:

I was about to write the same in my last reply as I started to think you'd try to troll us. @R C-R's and my instructions couldn't have been easier or more clear, really.

I thought you would have the presence of mind, and get the meaning of what I was trying to tell you and explain you but you keep harping on the same line and got Sarcastic aswell. What is the point of you saying "I dont know what you are seeing in your Affinity Photo APP?" when I clearly posted a Photo of what I am seeing ? Did you not see it ?

Or did you selectively only read what you wanted to read. Lets not get into who is trolling whom here ? as that would be crossing lines of Decency here and none of us want to get pulled by Mods here right for something which we dont mean.

So thanks for your help. Lets stop it here.

7 minutes ago, augustya said:

I thought you would have the presence of mind, and get the meaning of what I was trying to tell you and explain you but you keep harping on the same line and got Sarcastic aswell. What is the point of you saying "I dont know what you are seeing in your Affinity Photo APP?" when I clearly posted a Photo of what I am seeing ? Did you not see it ?

Or did you selectively only read what you wanted to read. Lets not get into who is trolling whom here ? as that would be crossing lines of Decency here and none of us want to get pulled by Mods here right for something which we dont mean.

So thanks for your help. Lets stop it here.

You posted the brush panel. So what? That was as meaningful as posting an image of the Empire State building or a tree in a forest. You simply ignored our tips. Well, that's not our problem, isn't it?

Seriously, install a brush pack, and use it. That's no rocket science!

Paul Rand (1914-1996)

8 minutes ago, Andy05 said:

You posted the brush panel. So what? That was as meaningful as posting an image of the Empire State building or a tree in a forest. You simply ignored our tips. Well, that's not our problem, isn't it?

Enough of your attitude !! Have had enough don't need more ! 

Help does not mean being condescending !!

You can make your own hair brushes very easily, most hair strand brushes will be a cluster of pixel dots like this...

image.png.31be02418db760f1b4e712a59d9b7d87.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

5 minutes ago, augustya said:

Enough of your attitude !! Have had enough don't need more ! 

Help does not mean being condescending !!

Well, it seems like you didn't want our help at all. At least you either simply ignored what we said (which would be just rude), or you can't understand such simple instructions which we offered. I'm not the one to judge which alternative is true here.

Paul Rand (1914-1996)

5 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

You can make your own hair brushes very easily, most hair strand brushes will be a cluster of pixel dots like this...

LOL, read the whole thread, @firstdefence. If the OP isn't capable or following such simple advise like installing a ready-made brush set (which I even linked in one of my posts!)—you really think augustya would be capable of creating such a brush?

Paul Rand (1914-1996)

3 minutes ago, Andy05 said:

Well, it seems like you didn't want our help at all. At least you either simply ignored what we said (which would be just rude), or you can't understand such simple instructions which we offered. I'm not the one to judge which alternative is true here. 

First of all the alternative that you gave was rubbish ! You were talking about some vague downloading of hair brush which none of the regulars here endorsed or agreed to. So first thing first your solution was downright rubbish and crap !

3 minutes ago, Andy05 said:

LOL, read the whole thread, @firstdefence. If the OP isn't capable or following such simple advise like installing a ready-made brush set (which I even linked in one of my posts!)—you really think augustya would be capable of creating such a brush?

I cannot help if a blind person only wants to selectively read things from the thread. There were others like @firstdefence which were very helpful and clear in explaining things which even the listener can understand things clearly ! Not something vague and outright rubbish like what you posted 

11 minutes ago, augustya said:

First of all the alternative that you gave was rubbish ! You were talking about some vague downloading of hair brush which none of the regulars here endorsed or agreed to. So first thing first your solution was downright rubbish and crap !

I guess that's because most regulars avoided this thread after some of your replies as they deem further help pointless. Furthermore, regulars don't just automatically "like" each and every single correct and simple reply. This isn't some fancy social media for karma/like fishing, you know?

Anyways, you can't even download a brush pack and install it? If you need help with that: read the online help. I didn't assume you'd need detailed instructions for that. I mean, you've managed to install the app after all!

9 minutes ago, augustya said:

I cannot help if a blind person only wants to selectively read things from the thread. There were others like @firstdefence which were very helpful and clear in explaining things which even the listener can understand things clearly ! Not something vague and outright rubbish like what you posted 

I'm soo glad  that you're finally able to paint the hair now, after you created your own brush by following firstdefence's "helpful and clear" instructions. Wait! You DID create the brush already, didn't you? And you can paint hair with it now, right?

Really, you deem "build your own brush like this" as a "helpful and clear" explaining instead? Jeez! I'm out of here. Any attempt of helping you any further is completely pointless. Good luck on your future hair-painting endevours!

Paul Rand (1914-1996)

1 hour ago, augustya said:

You would have saved a lot of time of everyone here most importantly mine had you not posted your meaningless blabbering solution here. To begin with 

Can't let that stand here without a final comment as you just showed that you didn't really wanted our help. 

Well, if you'd had put just 1% of the effort you made for meaninglessly replying here into actual READING and following simple instructions like "install a hair brush and paint with it", you'd have saved both of our times as you'd have found your solution a dozen posts ago.

I can't believe, that you're really so incredibly incapable of installing a brush and using it. That you call this a "blabbering solution". If you deem that "blabbering", you might probably better stop using Affinity apps altogether as you prove that you're resistant to helpful advises as well as not willing to try any of them at all. 

What on earth is so difficult with downloading an already linked brush pack, install it and paint with it? There's no easier way to explain this—or to help you other than probably: "Send me the picture. I'll do the edits, if you promise that you'll never ever use Affinity apps again and that you'll also leave the fora right now".

(BTW, I got some "likes" from regulars for my posts proving you not willing (or capable) to accept help, unlike you - so, according to your logic, I'm right? Just asking...)

Paul Rand (1914-1996)

2 hours ago, augustya said:

downloading of hair brush which none of the regulars here endorsed or agreed to.

This is just wrong. You have absolutely no evidence of that. Just because no one replies with an endorsement is not indicative of the suggestion not being agreed to or endorsed. I did download those brushes and have played around with them. Took about 2 minutes from download to use.

If you don't understand how to do something, like downloading and installing brushes, just say so. You're not the first, and certainly not the last. Someone will help you through the process. Far better to ask, than what you've done. Now I'd have to say there may not be many users here that would feel inclined to help you now.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

50 minutes ago, Andy05 said:

Can't let that stand here without a final comment as you just showed that you didn't really wanted our help. 

Well, if you'd had put just 1% of the effort you made for meaninglessly replying here into actual READING and following simple instructions like "install a hair brush and paint with it", you'd have saved both of our times as you'd have found your solution a dozen posts ago.

I can't believe, that you're really so incredibly incapable of installing a brush and using it. That you call this a "blabbering solution". If you deem that "blabbering", you might probably better stop using Affinity apps altogether as you prove that you're resistant to helpful advises as well as not willing to try any of them at all. 

What on earth is so difficult with downloading an already linked brush pack, install it and paint with it? There's no easier way to explain this—or to help you other than probably: "Send me the picture. I'll do the edits, if you promise that you'll never ever use Affinity apps again and that you'll also leave the fora right now".

(BTW, I got some "likes" from regulars for my posts proving you not willing (or capable) to accept help, unlike you - so, according to your logic, I'm right? Just asking...)

Seriously makes me ask you How Old are you ? 

1 minute ago, augustya said:

Seriously makes me ask you How Old are you ? 

My ESP is telling me that may have just got a padlock put on this thread.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• Staff

Various posts in thread have been reported for the inappropriate way it has progressed (and I do not mean reported by the participants, but by lurkers who quite rightly think this conversation is not keeping to the forum guidelines of expected behaviour)

Thread Locked

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon