You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free transform selected nodes within a shape?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

From the current Mac Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.6 - Beta 8) page:

• Added ability to rotate the selected nodes in the Node Tool - via the Transform panel

It is not yet quite working as intended, but @MattP says they should be able to sort out the bugs, so it should not be too long before the 1.6 release versions for both Mac & Windows are available & include that feature, among many other improvements.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Just so everyone is aware, you can also select and move multiple nodes at once. Looking through this topic, it seems like people are unfamiliar with this. Use the Move Tool to select a shape, and then switch to the Node Tool to create a bounding box.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

• 1 month later...

I am using Affinity Designer for 2 month now and I am very impressed what this software does for this unbelievable price. I alost moved entirely from Illustrator and there's not much I miss.

That being said: the ability to transform selected nodes of a curve object i.e. for shaping characters would be a highly appreciated feature.

So +1 on this!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Great to see that you can transform node selections via the transform panel. Not as fluid as having a bounding box with anchor handles around the selection, but it got the job done for me. Thank you Affinity, every day. And thank you for answering your customers needs for advanced features.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, MikeMo said:

REALLY surprised that this feature wasn't implemented in version 1.0  Really cannot recommend or use Affinity Designer in production until this is a thing. shame

No worries. It will be in 1.7; as we already got a sneak peek preview. And as Aaammppaa mentioned, it's already in the Publisher beta.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

• 7 months later...