You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free transform selected nodes within a shape?

Is there a way to transform only selected nodes within a shape? I can select nodes, but I can't figure out how to scale, rotate, or skew them, though I can apply those functions to the entire shape.

In Photoshop (for example) I can select any number of nodes within a given shape, then hit Command-T to enter Free Transformation mode. From then on, any transforms will apply only to the nodes I had selected.

I've attached an example. I just want to know if this is (yet) possible in AD, as it's something I actually find myself doing quite regularly. (Apologies if I've missed something!)

post-998-0-39535200-1412449621_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see selected nodes that are scaleable, rotatable AND can use the alignment tools. Also, the ability to set the center point that the nodes translate about.

Absolutely agreed on all... erm... points. Basically, treat selected nodes like a class of objects in themselves, and allow me to transform and permute them likewise. Industry “standard” apps are a good reference point here. ;)

This was something I brought up in a September 15th post  rotating, scaling selected nodes  would LOVE to see some development on this.  Also some sort of keyshort would help when you're zoomed in and the transform handles aren't accessible to have a way to rotate or scale or skew the whole shape if need be...

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Just adding a +1 for this feature. As someone said, it is <ahem> a standard feature of most pro vector apps, & one of those things that there no simple workaround for....

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes +1 from me.

I really like AD & AP & I'm using them more & more but they still need a lot more work. For quick fast web graphics I'm a Fireworks fan & still use it as my go-to app, but as adobe wreaked that along with other great software I would like to move to something new like AD. The people here seem cool & I like their philosophy.

Motto - STUPID HURTS!

Thats aslo what I am looking for, similar on what i am asking about the node. And also for the AD and AP. Check out my post about:  Using NODE TOOLS as for DIRECT SELECTION TOOLS of ILLLY is buggy or what??

here is my video maybe you will encounter this also:

youtube.com/watch?v=yT5ILJt1RNE

youtube.com/watch?v=yIZqcs5CVgw

post-52179-0-74434900-1487331539_thumb.png

Galatians 2:20