You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

That old chestnut - Affinity's lack of an image catalogue facility

Hello.

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to use and expect to be transferred to another.  I am getting more used to Affinity Photo now and find that the lack of having an ability to organise and view and tag images is discouraging.  

I have waited a few years to see if the company were going to do something about this.  

At the present it seems that the only alternative is to go down the 'free Adobe Bridge' route; nothing in life is ever free.

It took me long enough to untangle myself from the Adobe company and really do not want to get involved with them again.  

I would be happy to pay for an image cataloguing package but know little to nothing about alternatives to Adobe -  recommendations please.

I an using Phototheca X, which suits me. Its facial recognition feature is a big time-saver. You can customise it so that you can launch images into Affinity for editing.

https://lunarship.com/download/

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).

2 minutes ago, Fixx said:

I suspect that is not very politically correct feature... xD

I guess she meant glacial instead of racial. 🤔

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

3 hours ago, Jacqueline said:

Hello.

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to use and expect to be transferred to another.  I am getting more used to Affinity Photo now and find that the lack of having an ability to organise and view and tag images is discouraging.  

I have waited a few years to see if the company were going to do something about this.  

At the present it seems that the only alternative is to go down the 'free Adobe Bridge' route; nothing in life is ever free.

It took me long enough to untangle myself from the Adobe company and really do not want to get involved with them again.  

I would be happy to pay for an image cataloguing package but know little to nothing about alternatives to Adobe -  recommendations please.

You could check out https://www.xnview.com/en/ I'm not sure if it will do everything you want, but at least it's free! 😉

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• 6 months later...

NeoFinder/abeMeda is one option. It has a trial version and has a lot more capability than I need.

Having a Sony camera, the free Capture One Express for Sony covers my limited catalogue needs. (I don't have a huge number of images).

Developing image catalogues seems a bit of a minefield. Took Luminar quite some time to get it right and they lost many users in the process (including me).

2 hours ago, E9B6 said:

But Serif used to supply photostack - is this still available

None of Serif’s ‘legacy’ software products are available to purchase from Serif now, and in fact their legacy support site CommunityPlus is set to disappear in less than two weeks. You may be able to find a copy of PhotoStack on Amazon Marketplace or eBay, but if you go down that route you need to make sure that it comes with a valid product key.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)