You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher crash when I click "Idx"

afdojo

Publisher has crashed four times today when I click "Idx" to view the index panel.

I'm running Publisher 1.10.4 on MacOS Big Sur 11.6 on a MacBook Air 2018 (Intel CPU).

Sorry but I have no idea how to reproduce the crash, let alone whether it's a Serif or Apple problem.

Screen scrape of the MacOS problem report is attached.

Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 6.33.04 PM.png

• Affinity Publisher 2.0.4
  • Affinity Photo 2.0.4
  • Affinity Designer 2.0.4
  • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.10.16
  • MacBook Air (M1, 2020) running macOS Ventura v13.0.1
  • Nikon D7100 with 18-135mm zoom

http://www.dojopico.org

• Staff

Hi @afdojo,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

I'd like to request a copy of the crash report file itself, as the error shown in your screenshot is certainly an interesting one. Can you please follow the steps in the below FAQ and attach a copy of the latest crash report(s) to your reply here for me?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

The latest .crash report is attached. Superficially, they look similar (illegal instruction, os_lock is corrupt) but I'm glad to send additional .crash files if you think that might be useful.

Affinity Publisher_2021-11-24-191825_DOUGLASs-MacBook-Air.crash

• Affinity Photo 2.0.4

• Staff

Many thanks for the crash report provided! Our team believe this may be specific to the file you're editing, and therefore have requested a copy of this.

Can you please upload a copy of your .afpub file to the below link for me, then reply here to let me know once it's been provided?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/6S1u1mFabKpQq6yCRmvj

Many thanks once again :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

OK, I just uploaded the .afpub file.

FHI -- the document has 240+ links to .jpg files but I don't think that should affect the index topics.

Good luck!

doug

• Affinity Photo 2.0.4

• Staff

Many thanks for your file provided! This appears to occur when switching from the 'Pages' Studio to the 'Index' Studio, although it certainly doesn't happen each time. I haven't been able to replicate this when starting from any other Studio, so it may be worth making sure the Index Studio and Pages Studio are in different 'tabs' to try and reduce the crashing you're seeing.

I've logged this with our developers now, I hope this helps :)

Not sure if this helps but Publisher crashed when I clicked the "Idx" tab for the attached "trivial" document. Crash report is also attached.

Untitled.afpub Affinity Publisher_2021-12-01-165125_DOUGLASs-MacBook-Air.crash

• Affinity Photo 2.0.4

• Staff

Many thanks for the further file and crash report provided! I'll be sure to attach these to the bug report with our developers now :)

• 3 months later...