You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Help needed for Joining operations

I want to cut away all lines outside of the boundary [selected item]. Can't seem to achieve this with the normal operations. When fiddling around until something does happen, it wants to 'close' all the lines/shapes on the map, causing lots of extra lines where there shouldn't be. Tried making the map a group too but didn't seem to help. 

Cheers

Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 17.17.55.png

You are going to have to open up the Map Lines layer and start selecting the curves that are extending from inside to outside and cut them by placing a new node and then break that stroke. Once all that breaking is done go and select everything outside and delete it. Lot of work.

Plus side is you'll have a much smaller file.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

What Bruce Said above ...

or for a quick and nasty option, just hide them by dragging the map lines layer inside the boundary layer? I guess it depends on the use case though as to whether having those hidden lines is an issue. Hiding them won't give the most efficient file size, but you can export to an svg and the 'clipping' should remain.