You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Access Denied for Links in Resource Manager Publisher Mac

I have one rogue Affinity Publisher document that for some reason has an issue with Links inside the Resource Manager being listed as 'Access denied'. All other Publisher documents are fine. Using Mac OS Monterey + latest Publisher build.

I thought it was something to do with Full Disc Access, but ticking this on makes no difference.

Any ideas please?!

Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 14.09.22.png

If you click on one of them to select it, do you get to see more info about the file, including the full path name?

And if that works, is the path a correct one, to a disk that currently exists on your system?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I can yes, the file is fine and although it's a file that's backed up to iCloud it's stored locally and fully downloaded. It's how all my other documents are held and I don't have any other issues with other Publisher docs. 

It won't let me re-link any of them, BUT I can create a new picture box and import the image that way, so Publisher has no issues accessing the files.

I'm confused!

• 4 months later...
On 11/25/2021 at 2:54 AM, stokerg said:

Hi @ConnectCreative,

Are you able to Embed any of the images via the Resource Manager?  Also what happens when you try to relink them, if you get an error what does it say?

I've tried replicating this using files on my iCloud drive but haven't been able to, i'll keep trying :) 

Where is the Resource Manager in Publisher?

1 hour ago, LondonSquirrel said:

A general tip: if you can't find something through the menus, or aren't familiar with them, try the Help menu and type in what you are looking for. e.g. resource...

To avoid possible confusion, that's a Mac-specific tip.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

To avoid possible confusion, that's a Mac-specific tip.

I know only Macs open the menu & place that large blue floating pointer over the menu item, but In Windows does typing a term into the Help menu search field even list menu items that match it, or does it only list help topics that do?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

2 minutes ago, R C-R said:

but In Windows does typing a term into the Help menu search field even list menu items that match it, or does it only list help topics that do?

Only Help topics.

-- Walt
PC:

4 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Only Help topics.

Bummer! It is a really useful feature provided by the macOS itself, so no special coding is required for it to work with any app that uses the standard Mac menu UI.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 4 months later...
On 11/24/2021 at 3:14 PM, ConnectCreative said:

Affinity Publisher document that for some reason has an issue with Links inside the Resource Manager being listed as 'Access denied'.

same here with files on a network attached drive. restarting the mac and mounting the drive again solved the problem for me