You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AFD Beta & AFP Beta 1.3.12 Rulers & Guides

Over the past periods, various users (including myself) have put in questions, feature requests and what not a number of times in the forums pertaining to the Ruler & Guides.

Particularly the moveable zero point of the rulers, and the color of the guides has been an issue from the first version of Affinity Designer & Photo.

Unfortunately until now, apparently with the release of a new MAS version imminent, it appears these issues have not been solved yet.

I realise that it will take a lot of developer's work, but it is truly a serious drawback in using the programs.

Nevertheless, I respectfully re-submit my -and others' - remarks about the Drawing Aids, in the hope that they will be updated ASAP.

Here they are :

RULERS :

Moveable zero point. This would also go a ways to answering the feature request for a measuring tool.

GUIDES :

Choice of color, so as to be able to set a contrasting color to one's work.

Lock / Unlock guides with the move tool,  irrespective of tool being used

Adjust guides already set with the move tool, irrespective of tool being used.

GRID :

Choice of color ( for the same reason as the guides)

Perspective grid : drag points (Horizontal  or Vertical simultaneously.

Thank you.

C.L.

• 2 years later...

I most certainly agree that the delay in getting a moveable zero point on rulers in Designer is unacceptable. If graphic artists had input into the design team right from the beginning, it makes it even more so.

Get a move on please. I'm having a frustrated time accepting this lengthy delay in my adopted work tool that was touted to be an AI killer. In the meantime, I'm back to AI to restore my productivity.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.