You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo is crashing when …

J-bee

trying to open a file via right click in finder. Then, most of the times, but not always, system gets unusable because it messes with the screen – and I've got the feeling inoput via mouse / trackpad / keyboard isn't working but that's hard to tell because it is like flying blind.

IMac 24", M1, 16GB, macOS Montery 12.1 Beta (21C5039b)
Affinity Photo 1.10.4 A(AppStore version)

And it looks like this. First one is with open file in Affinity trying to place another file from Finder window (that's the 3 rows a 4 files on the right)IMG_2329.thumb.jpeg.494c8705dfe3ac47ad7cadf203cc61f9.jpeg

and this is when Mac goes to sleep while Affinity is running:

IMG_2328.thumb.jpeg.128c780c5b32592a27fe804dde4baa7e.jpeg

Menawhile I've found that I can quit Affinity Photo by pressing command-q … and then everything miraculously slips back to normal. So it looks like an Affinity problem (whatever may cause it …).

Also I've observed when starting Photo and then opening a file there's a short flash / flicker and change of color like in the previous screenshots, and there's the foto for editing. But it seems to be a quite unstable situation since I got a crash when trying to save the latest edits …

• 5 months later...