You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fuji X-T1 Raw file processing needs work...

Dear Affinity People,

I'm not proficient in using your software- yet.  But I can't get Affinity Photo Beta to get the tonal gradations easily achieved in PhotoNinja.  I tried replicating in Affinity what I can easily achieve in 1 minute in PN.  

See the attached files.  I'm sure there is functionality in AP that can soften the highlights, and reveal detail better than I've done- but after almost 5 minutes of trying, I gave up.

In the attached files I couldn't adjust the highlights to get even close to those in the PN example- and the purple fringing along the back of the man's shirt has got to go.

I'm sure you'll get there eventually, but I hope sooner rather than later.  Fuji has very difficult RAW files to get right.  I love AP, and hope that soon I can make it my program of choice for my X-T1 and A-E1.

Thanks!

Dex

post-7180-0-58414200-1448759479_thumb.png

post-7180-0-77280600-1448759491_thumb.png

Hey Dex!

I had to struggle too. But in the End i found some settings, that were very pleasing to me. Leading to BETTER results than Photo Ninja. PN is very good in sharpening, but does some weird things with colors. I don't like it...

Try the following settings and save it as a Standard Setting:

(I use the german translation)

As a Standard, I use Adobe RGB - in Generell App Settings.

In Lens Correction:

check "reduce Chromatic Aberrations" (AF will do automatically) and "reduce color fringing" and save as a preset. 

In Details:

Radius 5%

Intensity 100%

Luminance 0%

Colors 150%

Details 100%

Contribution 100%

Save this as a preset.

Affinity Photo has indeed a very good RAW Converter, i think. You'll have to do this settings once and can apply this to other images as standard settings. 

cheers, fleckintosh

Thanks for sharing, fleckintosh!   It took me a few frustrating attempts to come up with my preferred settings.   Here is what I have been using:

In Details:

Radius 6%

Intensity 73%

Luminance57%

Colors 41%

Details 37%

Contribution 100%

I find the biggest difference between your settings and mine is the effect of luminance.   If I set it to 0, i have a ton of noise.  57% or around there, usually takes care of noise for most film speeds.  If I get way up there, 3200, 6400, I need to up this percentage to keep out the noise.

I really have no idea what "details" and "contribution" settings do - I just played around until I liked the appearance.  

Does anyone else have any settings they could share?

• 1 month later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.