You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer - multiple sheets?

There are Artboards. I really do not know what you mean by multiple sheets. Artboards are rather like a separate document within the document, you can have 10 20 3 however many you want in one document. They can be the same size or each can be unique in size. They can be scattered about or lined up nicely.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

3 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

There are Artboards. I really do not know what you mean by multiple sheets. Artboards are rather like a separate document within the document, you can have 10 20 3 however many you want in one document. They can be the same size or each can be unique in size. They can be scattered about or lined up nicely.

Yeah, I briefly looked at the artboards but I'm not sure if this will be what I'm looking for (sorry, I'm relatively new to Affinity so I'm not fully familiar with all the functions). You know like a Microsoft Word document, how you can have several pages, I mean like that - my portfolio needs to consist of 15 individual pages. Hope this makes it clearer what I mean.

Portfolio of what? If you are having a lot of text I would go with Publisher if you are making drawings I would go with Designer. If you have a bunch of photos I would use either... 

You could make a Publisher Document with Pages, that would require Publisher, not Designer.

You could make a Designer Document with 15 Artboards. Each Artboard can be the same size as a sheet of printer paper if you want. 

There is a Trial of the applications available for Windows or Mac. There are videos for training check out https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/learn/ to get more information.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Just now, Old Bruce said:

You could make a Designer Document with 15 Artboards. Each Artboard can be the same size as a sheet of printer paper if you want. 

And if you do that, you can Export it as a PDF, which each Artboard as a page in the PDF.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

10 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Portfolio of what? If you are having a lot of text I would go with Publisher if you are making drawings I would go with Designer. If you have a bunch of photos I would use either... 

You could make a Publisher Document with Pages, that would require Publisher, not Designer.

There is a Trial of the applications available for Windows or Mac. There are videos for training check out https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/learn/ to get more information.

It's a portfolio for Uni so I will be inserting lots of photos from previous projects. I only have Designer, so I will try with Artboards. Thank you so much for your help!

10 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

And if you do that, you can Export it as a PDF, which each Artboard as a page in the PDF.

Oh, lovely! That's exactly what I'd be doing - exporting it as a PDF. So, does this mean it doesn't matter how I lay them out in Designer, when I export it as a PDF all the Artboards will act as uniform pages that you can scroll through?

1 hour ago, Ellie Dance said:

So, does this mean it doesn't matter how I lay them out in Designer, when I export it as a PDF all the Artboards will act as uniform pages that you can scroll through?

How you lay them out matters, in that the Artboards will export as PDF pages from the first Artboard you create to the last Artboard you create (that is, from the Artboard at the bottom of the Layers panel stack, to the Artboard at the top) unless you rearrange them in the Layers panel stack.

The pages will only be uniform if you create them from Artboards with uniform sizes.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

3 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

How you lay them out matters, in that the Artboards will export as PDF pages from the first Artboard you create to the last Artboard you create (that is, from the Artboard at the bottom of the Layers panel stack, to the Artboard at the top) unless you rearrange them in the Layers panel stack.

The pages will only be uniform if you create them from Artboards with uniform sizes.

Amazing, thank you so much for your help!

You're welcome.

-- Walt
PC: