You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Weird currency in shop

Since I can remember the Affinity shop items are shown in the Bulgarian lev currency (BGN). I don't know why this is happening since I live in the Netherlands and Im not using VPN or anything. Álso, the issue remains after I log in to my Affinity account.

As soon as I make a purchase, the amount due is converted to €, but nevertheless, I would like to know the pricing of items without having to manually covert it.

Any advice how to tackle this issue for good?

Knipsel.JPG

• Staff

Hi @Freek,

The Affinity store should default to the same currency of that of your location. If you are not seeing the same currency for you location, it is most likely either that you are using a VPN or a browser plugin is throwing the location off.

Is this only happening on one device, or is it happening on all devices that you access our website from? Assuming that it is only one device as I've never known it not be, then it will be some setting on that specific device and not something we have any control over.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

4 minutes ago, StevenS said:

Hi @Freek,

The Affinity store should default to the same currency of that of your location. If you are not seeing the same currency for you location, it is most likely either that you are using a VPN or a browser plugin is throwing the location off.

Is this only happening on one device, or is it happening on all devices that you access our website from? Assuming that it is only one device as I've never known it not be, then it will be some setting on that specific device and not something we have any control over.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the swift reply. As I said, not using VPN. But you did put me on another track. I checked the store page on my phone (not connected to WiFi) and it shows € instead of BGN. So apparently it may have saomething to do with my internet connection or my browser settings. In any case, I'll figure it out somehow. If I find the culprit, I'll post it here.

Thanks again!