You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Edit Detached. Yet another Metal Problem with Publisher [1.10.5.1214]

When using the Edit Detached I notice that the bounding box for items (and indeed the entire spread) will shift up or down several pixels. Change the zoom factor and everything is redrawn and so appears fine again.
I think this is a result of the big orange bar being drawn on the top of the window. The Spread gets redrawn and the bounding boxes no longer match up to the displayed content. Pretty sure it is a Metal problem, Open GL doesn't have this problem.

1374100982_ScreenShot2021-11-16at7_22_36AM.png.755f22fc28719db0567bcec7e74fcf06.png

828560769_ScreenShot2021-11-16at7_23_18AM.png.0d021f4c2ea3c6fc5480bb6ba8291858.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 7 months later...

No no no, I'm done, this is absolutely insane. If I edit a text frame, everything is deformed and moved, if I finish, the same deformation happens. I have to scroll the page a bit to fix the view (see the attached video). My book has a complex layout and I have to edit this a hundred times per hour, and I'm going mad of that… Plus many other bugs…

The same thing as with AfPhoto. I hated to do that, but I had to buy Photoshop – and now I have to buy InDesing to finish my book.

Affinity Publisher is not suitable for a serious work.

We have also experienced this. There are three things about it that are very worrying from the point of view of a professional user:

1. The functionality (the banner) is extremely poorly implemented. That in itself is worrying, but the fact that the developers themselves have not noticed it, or understood that it is unacceptable, is very worrying.
  2. It is very worrying that the poor implementation and faulty rendering of the page is not discovered by a quality assurance team or stakeholders (if any are involved internally) in the testing phase before release to customers.
  3. It does not bode well that such a small bug has not been fixed long ago.

And remember to always consider major use scenarios when assessing (Serif) criticality. As for example @Petr Stanicek has discovered. A small bug becomes a big problem if it influences a workflow you repeat many, many times. It's very simple. And very destructive.

/Eddie

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.