Strange colour representation (and different from Lightroom)

5 hours ago, Rincewind said:

I also tend not to believe that my X-Rite software is not creating a correct profile

If you use i1Profiler and iDisplay based HW, please state the version numbers of the software itself, and the XRD version, installed. I have created D50 an D65 versions profiles for my AdobeRGB+ displays but the profiles produced behave similarly with Photoshop (CS6) and Affinity apps. But whenever updating the software, it warns against updating in certain conditions, and because of not being sure, I have recently rejected updates.

I have Photo CC subscription on and could install the 2022 versions of PS and LR on my main desktop computer to test this but would like to know some details before trying this. Your issue does not seem to be related to coarse yellow vs. neutral white problems described above: the difference seems to be much more subtle (but nevertheless disturbing, as the same profile should produce practically identical results disregarding the app).

12 minutes ago, Lagarto said:

If you use i1Profiler and iDisplay based HW, please state the version numbers of the software itself, and the XRD version, installed.

I hope the double negative has not led to any confusion.... I cannot find any problem in any software (except Affinity Photo) I tried with the D50 monitor profile created by i1Profiler with default settings.

From Adobe, I only use the latest Classic version of Lightroom, because I actually want to escape the Adobe subscription with the tools from Affinity.

Anyway, if it helps you: iProfiler v3.3.0.13493 / XRD 3.1.119.139 (latest updates offered)

I realise it's a different issue, but it may be related, below is a thread that contains a "white is yellow" monitor profile if anyone wants to see if indeed it gives the same issue in Adobe. I've not actually tried the profile in use, as I don't have any other colour managed apps installed.

• 4 weeks later...