You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hexadecimal colour values differ when CMYK values are the same

Background: I work in CMYK for print. I never specify in hex, I rarely even notice hex.

Issue: A set of objects with the same CMYK fill in my original Designer file import into Illustrator with the same CMYK fill, but some have a different hex code specification. Happened with two different colours. 

e.g. fill of objects in original .afd Designer file is CMYK 10,0,10,0. 
Export to .eps, open in Illustrator and discover that altho all objects still show 10,0,10,0 'Select same fill' does not find all objects. 
Check individual objects not found, discover fill is CMYK 10,0,10,0, but a different hex code. Most are EBF5EC; those not found are ECF5EC. 
I doubt the printed copies would show the difference, but seems a bit rude.

• Staff

Hi Aizome,

Are you using the same colour profile in both apps? It can be the case that some values are slightly different when comparing to separate apps colour values together does the file look visibly different in one app? If possible could you provide a copy of the file?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.