You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.3.5.12 - RC2)

• Staff

Purpose: Improvements / Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

This is a Release Candidate build. It is our intention to submit this for review to Apple in the first week of December. Any help you could offer to stabilise and refine the product at this stage will be very gratefully received   :)  We won't be implementing any new features now for this version and we will be focusing on stabilising the product for the immediate future. We will obviously start adding more features again as soon as this update goes live.

Improvements / Fixes

- PSD import improvements
- Snapping and ruler drawing tweaks
- Fix for canvas rotation showing artefacts on non-retina machines and occasional flicker
- Panorama improvements, including being able to stitch panoramas from RAW files
- Fix for certain Type 1 fonts failing to work if they don’t contain cmap data
- Fix for path text crashing when the nodes of a path are deleted
- Fix for sharing to Photos/Aperture occasionally producing a low resolution image
- Fix or dither command on non-RGB images
- Restore with the correct panels visible on application startup
- Improved PDF export - particularly with spot colours and gradients
- Fix for Monochrome extension freezing when saving your changes
- Disable gradient tool options when there is no selection as they don’t achieve anything

—WOW! I have to say Affinity is definitely Adobe's grim reaper.

—We want to thank you guys for working so hard on AD & AP. 

—Affinity, please continue on this path. You really have a good thing going.

—So proud to be a part of this history in the making.

Real talk—

15"-inch MacBook Pro, 2017, 2.9GHz Intel Core i7 | 16Gb

The cropping tool presets still don't work. I really do want to like this software, but old problems persist. I will keep an eye on future versions, but for now I do not have the time to find tedious workarounds for a bunch of niggling issues that impair the basic functions I have to use on a daily basis. Good luck with your progress!

That's odd, I'm having little problem with the cropping presets here. Apart from the strange line of code (in this case <RunInputSheetHelper: 0x7fdacde216f0>) that appears while saving a new preset, the rest of the tool behaves/works as would be expected. Would you care to expand a little? 

Hallo Coverimages,

ich hatte das gleiche Problem mit Affinity Designer. Probiere einfach mal Folgendes:

Systemeinstellungen --> Sicherheit  -> Registerkarte Sicherheit --> Apps-Download erlauben von: "Keine Einschränkungen" auswählen.

Vielleicht hilft das bei Dir auch.

Viele Grüße

Newstone

--------------------------------
Translated with Google Translator:

Hello Coverimages,

I had the same problem with Affinity Designer. So check it out the following:

System Settings -> Security -> Security tab -> Apps downloads allow by: Select "No limitations".

Maybe this helps you too.

Many greetings

Newstone

I've noticed a tiny bug with live filters

When I set blending mode and opacity from dialog it is inherited correctly by Layer Studio.

sshot_%202015-11-28%20at%2014.35.21.png

If I call it back with double click the dialog shows wrong settings 

sshot_%202015-11-28%20at%2014.35.42.png

PS. Super wonderful job...  :)

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

Hi all,

Just tried the new Beta with Motion 5. Export from AF as PSD and import into Motion now works as expected. NB: Don't forget to change from 16 to 8 bit prior to export. Document > Colour Format > RGB (8 bit).

EDIT: Or use the PSD FCPX preset

Many thanks to developers.

Jonathan

hi

for the work the beta guys do

and there are not 1000's of our beta accounts

can't we get the final version for free or keep the latest beta?

instead of a block of the version we were working on

thanks

If you are using the public beta, then you must already have a paid-for version from the Mac App Store. Everyone who has a paid-for version from the Mac App Store will get this update for free. So, you won't be charged for it.

The beta will expire, but that shouldn't matter because it'll be replaced by the Mac App Store update, and then by future betas.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.