You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Table of content vs. index

V 1198, WIN 10

This as an older problem - it happened again.

I made a book approx. 312 pages, containing a table of content (4 pages at the beginnng of the book) and an index (4 pages rather at the end of the book).
The preflight says suddenly: index has to be actualized.
After actualizing it (preflight or in the index panel) nothing is changed (because there wasn't anything which had to be changed in the index), but now the table of content is gone, instead in its text frames the index appears a second time!).

The only thing I can say, that this book was originally made with an much older version of publisher (maybe 1.8.x) and be renewed with this latest version 1198.

Is this problem known, does it still exist as an known bug, or does it only happen when an older version (like in this case) is used with 1198)?

Hi,

I have uploaded the actual book with all content as a publisher package (zipped) - (Titel LASERAKU).
An original file ( e.g. V 1.8.x) doesn't exist anymore.

I like to mention that this book was first made with Indesign in 2012.
Nevertheless, all graphs where renewed in Afdesign, etc.,
The book itself was made new in puplisher, only the text content itself where copied in single pieces from the IDML files.
Table of content and index where made completly new in Publisher etc.

Thanks for taking the time and effort looking into it...

• 11 months later...