You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Several problems when exporting to PDF using CMYK

Hi,

I have used Illustrator for a very long time but am trying to migrate away to Affinity across all products.  So far, so good... except for a recent job.  I have attached and hope that someone might be able to point me in the right direction in so far as my .PDF export procedure or, indeed, my initial design competency.  The Designer file is attached along with a scan of the printed output from my offset printing supplier.  I have also attached a scan of the finished product which completely exaggerates the output, along with a photograph of the final product which when zooming in, shows the gradient issues and heavy colour around the main heading and the yellow post-it notes.

I would appreciate any assistance or guidance.

Thanks.

Simon2021_11_22_12_53_25.pdf

DL Letterbox Proof Illustrator.pdf DL Letterbox Proof.afdesign 2021_11_22_12_53_25 copy.pdf

@simple I think we may be missing a couple of your files (one of them, which I assume is the scan of the printed output, 2021_11_22_12_53_25.pdf is shown as unavailable) and I'm not sure we have the photograph of the final product showing the gradient issues, though I may be wrong.

We seem to have:

1. The Affinity Design File - DL Letterbox Proof
  2. A PDF created in Adobe Illustrator - DL Letterbox Proof Illustrator.pdf
  3. A scan of the finished product which completely exaggerates the output - 2021_11_22_12_53_25 copy.pdf

Could you let us know what your offset printing company requested in terms of the pdf spec for the job in question and also upload a screenshot of the pdf export settings you used to create the pdf sent to the printing company, including the settings under the 'More' menu.

I can't immediately see any issues with your Affinity Design file and I'm slightly confused because the pdf, DL Letterbox Proof Illustrator.pdf you've uploaded appears to have been generated using Adobe Illustrator rather than Affinity Designer so I'm trying to understand where the issues actually lay, so any additional inofrmation would be really helpful in trying to figure out what the problems is.

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse