You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Blurred Image After Flattening Document

footeg

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but having set up a high pass sharpening on an image resulting in a number of layers then flattening the document the flattened image shows as if it hasn't been sharpened. However on exporting the unflattened & flattened images both appear sharp. I have attached some images to show this effect. _MG_5257_1 is the exported unflattened image & _MG_5257_2 is the flattened image. Screenshot 1 is the unflattened version from the Affinity Photo Version 1.10.4.1198 while Screenshot 2 shows the flattened version. I am using the latest version of Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkpad P1 Gen 2 with a Nvidia Quadro T2000 graphics card & 32GB RAM. I have hardware acceleration turned off. Does anyone have an explanation please? I know the original image is oversharpened but this was deliberate to show the effect more easily.

_MG_5257_1.jpg

_MG_5257_2.jpg

Screenshot 1.jpg

Screenshot 2.jpg