You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please, Please add a progress bar when opening a document/saving. I don't understand the logic behind having the words on the top right corner instead of having a modal window in the middle of screen with a progress bar showing the progress of the task. 

Your UI/UX logic baffles me...

14 hours ago, Sam Neil said:

I don't understand the logic behind having the words on the top right corner instead of having a modal window in the middle of screen

If opening multiple documents at once you can start working on the ones that open quickly, whilst the others are still loading

A pesky "modal window in the middle of screen" would then become annoying/intrusive

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

3 hours ago, carl123 said:

If opening multiple documents at once you can start working on the ones that open quickly, whilst the others are still loading

A pesky "modal window in the middle of screen" would then become annoying/intrusive

I totally disagree. A long operation requires a proper feedback. If not a modal dialogue, then a progress bar in the status bar should at least be implemented. Top right corner "Worded" progress indicator is not helpful.

My objection was purely for a "modal window in the middle of screen".

There are many requests for implementation of/improvements to, progress bars

I'm sure the Devs will prioritise accordingly and take a look when they can

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.