You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Screen corruption in Affinity Photo

Hello there,

I'm also having this problem. I've taken a couple of screenshots below.

I have had a look through the linked list and have none of the applications installed, and haven't got Nvidia optimising any apps at the moment. 

Is there any chance of assistance on this given the list hasn't solved the issue?

Many thanks!

Marshall

unknown.png

These artefacts only occur when I move my mouse over the lines of text with the tick-box. 

unknown.png

Hello @Marshall. and welcome to the forums.

Try with deactivated hardware acceleration. You find this option under Preferences --> Performance.

You also should try with a fresh installation with newest graphics card driver.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

2 hours ago, Marshall. said:

I have had a look through the linked list and have none of the applications installed

Did you specifically look at the list of running services in Windows, and confirm that the Nahimic service is not running?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Did you specifically look at the list of running services in Windows, and confirm that the Nahimic service is not running?

Hi Walt,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I've seen that Nahimic is running. (You can tell I'm not a techie, ha!) 

I've just run it with those parameters and I don't seem to be experiencing the issue any more! 

I saw earlier in that thread some discussions about which drivers might be causing the issues etc. I've managed to notice the issue occasionally in 1Password and OCCT (computer monitoring software) as well. 

Thank you for your help! 

@SPaceBar seems to be solved, but also a thickened plot by the sounds of it? 

I definitely no-where near savvy enough to know how to roll-back particular drivers and updates etc.

Edited by Marshall.

36 minutes ago, Marshall. said:

I've just run it with those parameters and I don't seem to be experiencing the issue any more! 

You can also Stop the service, and Disable it so it doesn't restart (though you may need to do that after each Windows Restart).

Disabling it may give you better performance that using the Affinity startup command option. (But that's a guess on my part.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.