You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Just upgraded 1.10.4 and i have found that there is no Apply / Stack button when i want to use the new astrophotography stack, i  have wiped everything off my computer and reinstalled but still the same apart from wiping again and reinstalling a lower version.

Images added

Many thanks

Andy1.jpg

Andy2.jpg

In the stack screen, try...

View > Show Context Toolbar

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

5 minutes ago, Bruno106 said:

when i stack my images they are in B&W do you know how to change them into colour?

What kind of images are you stacking?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

have watched this video, all the values are set the same even if i alter them with the channel mixer (all showing 26) the colour is there I can alter them but it makes no difference it's like it's not debayered like I need to stack the rgb from the channels?Stacked.jpg.dc479e77bc6cff6a0e874d84089340f5.jpgchannels.jpg.51a729cba75e532b90e0abe72515040c.jpg1718113151_channelmixervalues.jpg.88902ef4823bd9b798e43fb4053b2347.jpg

Hi Jorn 

I have only Fits files as the images were captured with Nebulosity 4 with a ZWO 533 osc, I think the problem lies with the Debayering I have run the images through Siril & unless i check the debayer button they only come out B&W.

How do i send the files to you?, i don't no if this is right

andy2_001.fit andy2_002.fit andy2_003.fit andy2_004.fit andy2_005.fit andy2_006.fit andy2_007.fit andy2_008.fit andy2_009.fit andy2_010.fit

I had a similar problem in that all the FITS files loaded into the Astrophotography Stack showed as monochrome. My solution is to Open 1 FITS file in Photo Persona. This shows RGB. I export as a TIFF and then load this file first in the Astrophotography Stack. I can then load the remaining light etc. files and they all show now as RGB.

Interestingly, if I do this and then delete the TIFF file the files then all revert to showing monochrome. 

Hi Apacheplayer

This will most probably be due to the RGB image will be on top of the stack and you are seeing the one colour image, and when you remove it it will leave the remaining mono images.

I think that Affinity photo only debayers the RAW images and not FITS files but with being new to me i'm unsure, although it will stack them very well.

If this is the case then i will have to debayer in another program.

Thank you for your suggestion

Once I have a single TIFF file in my stack all the rest are all FITS and show and stack as RGB . Each individual FITS file shows as RGB as long as the TIIFF file is there. Delete the TIFF file and all the FITS files show as monochrome. 

I don’t know why this happens as you are supposed to be able to load a stack of FITS files.