You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Welcome to the Affinity Forums!

With a Gradient Tool, no. But there is a workaround, in AD, with a texture and vector brush. To do this, you have to create your own vector brush, using the gradient texture.

Sample.afdesign Gradient.afbrushes Gradient.afdesign

Image_Brush_1.png.d431f6905ae7b97ff8f2cd6a9789243e.png

Image_Brush_2.png.901d2677a45ec4250be1d13e69897b21.png

---

9 hours ago, GarryP said:

An alternative to the advice above, in certain circumstances, and if you don’t mind the layer being rasterised upon export, would be to use an Outline Effect as shown in my attached image (Designer was used but functionality is the same in Publisher, and Photo).

Thanks. Is it possible to make the gradient be perpendicular to the vector direction? I mean, instead of the transition from one color to the other happen from node to node, is there a workaround to make it across the vector?

All I could get with the workaround. Unfortunately in this case, it is a texture that runs along a vector path. As a result, when exported to PDF, this gradient will be a raster gradient.

Sample_2.afdesign Gradient.afbrushes

Sample_2.jpg.21f74cee1eb60ca3db2e177678b58879.jpg

6 hours ago, Guilherme Cahú said:

I suppose it only works on Designer that way, right?

Probably yes.

But you can try using my samples in your file. Samples.afdesign

Place the gradient in the river silhouette, add more nodes, change the line thickness and color.
Maybe you can do with just one line, changing the color of the river silhouette and the color of the gradient line.

Apologies Guilherme Cahú, I didn’t read your original post carefully enough and missed the “from one long side to the other” part.
I managed to get something close to what I think you want but it's messy and requires Designer, for the Expand Stroke function, and quite a bit of work – not an ideal solution.
I’ve attached the image and document in case someone wants to experiment and can come up with something better.

Screenshot 2021-11-09 083101.png

gradient-across-shape.afpub

On 11/9/2021 at 12:31 AM, telemax said:

Thank you, I'll try it as soon as possible.

On 11/9/2021 at 5:32 AM, GarryP said:

Apologies Guilherme Cahú, I didn’t read your original post carefully enough and missed the “from one long side to the other” part.
I managed to get something close to what I think you want but it's messy and requires Designer, for the Expand Stroke function, and quite a bit of work – not an ideal solution.
I’ve attached the image and document in case someone wants to experiment and can come up with something better.

Screenshot 2021-11-09 083101.png

gradient-across-shape.afpub 27.89 kB · 2 downloads

No worries, I'll experiment it here when I have some free time.