You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo on new PC

Hi

I work for a small studio and my boss bought us licenses. We work remotely and so the key was used on my personal PC. 

I will need to replace my PC soon, and I want to know what I should do when I re install Affinity Photo. Do I need to log in to his account in order to use his keys again?

Thanks

Windows 10 Pro, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, B550M Aorus Elite MB, 48GB RAM, MSI Ventus RTX2060 6GB

Welcome to the Affinity Forums!

I remember that some users recommended that you log out of your account in the Affinity apps (if you were logged in), before reinstalling.

The icon in the upper right corner:

User.png.821529cf3f2e397ac2139091fd8aab05.png

13 minutes ago, telemax said:

Welcome to the Affinity Forums!

I remember that some users recommended that you log out of your account in the Affinity apps (if you were logged in), before reinstalling.

The icon in the upper right corner:

User.png.821529cf3f2e397ac2139091fd8aab05.png

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I was never logged in... never felt I needed to

Windows 10 Pro, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, B550M Aorus Elite MB, 48GB RAM, MSI Ventus RTX2060 6GB

If you purchased the program from the Affinity store, you will need to enter the product key and email again (the product key is tied to the email). But I don't know the particulars for the Windows store.

1 hour ago, phillip_r said:

I will need to replace my PC soon

If you need to remove the licence details from your old PC, please see the following post:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

7 minutes ago, Alfred said:

If you need to remove the licence details from your old PC, please see the following post:

Thank you! So this will free up the license key in order to use it on the new pc, correct?

43 minutes ago, phillip_r said:

Thank you! So this will free up the license key in order to use it on the new pc, correct?

If you’re the licensee you’re covered for use of the app on any PCs that you own or control, so you don’t need to remove the software from your old machine unless you want to give that machine away or sell it.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

This is a volume licence issue, so your boss will be the licensee. You'll need to check with him whether the terms of the licence allow you to have the software on more than one device.

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).

6 minutes ago, Ali said:

This is a volume licence issue, so your boss will be the licensee. You'll need to check with him whether the terms of the licence allow you to have the software on more than one device.

Yup it has been discussed, but the only concern (mine and his) is the license not working on the new machine. My old pc is on its death bed, so I need to make sure it is all working fine before I can retire it