You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I would like to scale a layer or a layer group to the same %.

For example: scaling layers to 80%.
How do I do this. I can't find any windows related to this.

I can select and then drag but I would like to enter a value so all the layers get
the same value.
I can select the layer and use the transform window but there are no percentage options.

UPDATE: Found the answer here !

iMac mid-2017
3,6 Ghz / 32G

In the example in the quoted topic first click the Chain Links so as to link the W and H. Now in either W or H  place the cursor after the px and type *.8 for 80% or *1.2 for 120%.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

6 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Now in either W or H  place the cursor after the px and type *.8 for 80% or *1.2 for 120%.

Alternatively, select whatever is in the box and replace it with 80% for 80% or 120% for 120%.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 11/7/2021 at 9:57 PM, Alfred said:
On 11/7/2021 at 3:41 PM, Old Bruce said:

Now in either W or H  place the cursor after the px and type *.8 for 80% or *1.2 for 120%.

Alternatively, select whatever is in the box and replace it with 80% for 80% or 120% for 120%.

Just a note: There is a difference in this two methods which may confuse in certain situations:

• If you type your calculation after the existing value then the result will get calculated with the displayed value which may be rounded according to your app preference for the number of decimals.
• If you delete / replace the existing value and type your calculation in the empty field then the result will get calculated with the not-rounded, internal, mathematically correct value incl. all its hidden decimals.

Usually it might not matter and will occur only for certain combinations of large hidden decimals + large calculation (especially multiplication & division). It can occur more surprisingly obvious if you change the unit between quite different scales, e.g. millimeter <> meter, or point <> feet, yard. For instance with 2 decimals the value 5.55 mm gets displayed as 0,01 m, which may confuse already. If they get multiplied by 2 with the two methods and in their different units the resulting differences become visually obvious.

A thread about this speciality:

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Alternatively, select whatever is in the box and replace it with 80% for 80% or 120% for 120%

This is what I am doing now. Since they are constrained and linked I select one value and the other is updated.
I don't need rounded values but similar scales for different layers. All 80% etc...

Thanks for the info.

iMac mid-2017
3,6 Ghz / 32G

2 hours ago, Albo said:

I don't need rounded values but similar scales for different layers.

Depending on the layout and the workflow we can not always avoid rounded values for every object or action, in particular if we set object sizes by dragging in the layout and not defining sizes numerically. I updated my post above with a link to a related topic about such calculations and unexpected results – though your decision to replace existing values appears to be the more reliable way.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1