You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

brush skids out of control

srg

10 hours ago, SPaceBar said:

Hi @srg would you be able to upload a video of this happening so I can try and replicate it please? 

it is going to be extremely difficult to record a video since the skidding is random.

PS: I just tried the new beta 1.10.5 and the skidding is there too.

On 11/8/2021 at 9:07 AM, SPaceBar said:

Hi @srg would you be able to upload a video of this happening so I can try and replicate it please? 

I have been working with the latest beta and I can say that the "skidding", which is a sudden strait movement of the brush is a constant event in any brush sessions. cannot say when it may happen but it happens every few minutes of work thus it should be repeatable.

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 7.55.03 PM.png

• Staff

Hi @srg,
Can you give a few more details please? From your description seems this is happening in Photo Persona. Can you confirm please? Are input device are you using -  a mouse, pen/tablet? Is this happening when you paint in a regular pixel layers only or also in masks/live adjustments/live filters? Thanks.

4 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi @srg,
Can you give a few more details please? From your description seems this is happening in Photo Persona. Can you confirm please? Are input device are you using -  a mouse, pen/tablet? Is this happening when you paint in a regular pixel layers only or also in masks/live adjustments/live filters? Thanks.

Hi MEB,

yes it happened to me while in Photo persona and using a mouse. I mainly use the brush in masking operations (painting black or white over a subject in a mask layer) and there it is when it happens regularly although randomly. I cannot confirm the problem in other brush operations at the moment.

10 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi @srg,

Update: the problem happens also with the AP 1.10.4. Evidently started with the new MacOS Monterey.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi @srg,
Are you still experiencing this issue? By "skids away" do you mean the cursor simply jumps to another place (but doesn't paint anything on canvas) or does it paint a straight line while skidding away? Are you using/pressing any modifier keys when this happens? Thanks for your support.

2 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi @srg,
Are you still experiencing this issue? By "skids away" do you mean the cursor simply jumps to another place (but doesn't paint anything on canvas) or does it paint a straight line while skidding away? Are you using/pressing any modifier keys when this happens? Thanks for your support.

Last time I have used extensively the brush the bug was there. 

skids away meaning the cursor suddenly and unexpectedly jumps to another place painting in a straight line. In fact I need to command-z to go back one step. 

the thing happens when I press the left side of the mouse to start a new brush stroke but it is so fast and sudden that I am not sure if I was  pressing  or it was already pressed when the cursor skidded away.