You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1957 Chevy Corvette Roadster - Affinity Designer Vectors

IsabelAracama

What accolades Isabel! Be very proud, of how high you've set that bar.

Myself, Dan and Paolo and the Devs, have been blown away with this. This forum just gets better all the time. 

Dan, your modesty and talent deserve kudos.

Yes please, to a tutorial! B)

peter

Your work is amazing! I wish I can do work like you... Please please please let us know when you release your tutorials.. are they gonna be in AD?

Yep, that's excellent.

Seeing the outlines on behance is also very good :)

It's a file I rellay would like to dig in ^^

Thanks all of you and the rest of commenters.

Yes, they will be on Affinity Designer, as it is the best vector tool at this moment, the most interesting, fresher and the one that is a real competitor with possibilities against Illustrator.

I really need to show designers and the illustration community that better software tools are not only possible, but already a reality. I've been for years trying to make many professionals understand how much better it is demanding quality software than using what we have, just cause it is what the standards say. I really think tools as Illustrator is putting many people off and making work much harder and unpleasant than it should/could be. This could be a long debate about software, which I always found really exciting, and so are these times, as many more people is starting the change, at last!

What I'd like to do also is explaining several approaches that work for any other kind of software too.. Ways of thinking and mindset that will allow you to make artwork every time better. My own experience getting here and being able to do this and how I learnt my own way to this level, which was not easy at the beginning and then, after trying and trying, on my own, became easy as breathing. 

I have the tutorial outlined, all the materials I need ready, and after Christmas I'll start recording it.  It's gonna be a long one, that I intend to split in 2 for the sake of allowing beginners and more advanced artists decide where they want to start. 

Thanks and I'll let you all know more soon.

Oh boy! A christmas present from someone I don't even know!  I am not moving from this spot 'til I've ingested both parts of the tutorial.

OK, that may have been somewhat of a slight exaggeration, but whatever spots I find myself in while waiting on the tutorial I will be on pins and needles in anticipation. The realism of that roadster blew me away; I want to garner as much as I can from its creator.

Thank you, Isabel.      :wub:

(The emoticon stands even were you to turn out to be a 250 Kilo dude with a hairy back and only three teeth named Bruno. OK, that may also have been somewhat of a slight exaggeration  :rolleyes:) 

I have the tutorial outlined, all the materials I need ready, and after Christmas I'll start recording it.  It's gonna be a long one, that I intend to split in 2 for the sake of allowing beginners and more advanced artists decide where they want to start. 

That will be a very good post-christmas present :)

• 4 weeks later...

Holy Shmooly Batman.  :ph34r:

I Think I'm in  :wub: with Isabel now.. lol

Hardware
 Mac mini (late-2014), 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris 5100 Graphics  iPad Air 16GB White

Software I love, and you should get :wink:
Affinity Desinger - Affinity Photo - Sketch - Coda - CodeKit - iA Writer - Dropbox - 1Password

• 2 weeks later...

Magnificent – both in showing the capabilities of Affinity Designer and the mastery/artistry of Isabel.

Wow a kind and beautiful soul you are Isabel – to offer to make a tutorial on how you achieved this stunning illustration.

I am so looking forward to the reveal of your magic!

Thank you ever so much for such inspiration! – Timber

So in anticipation of your tutorial, because the tires have me completely baffled and in awe. I have noted your Twitter account, and Deviant art account, but where will your tutorial go?

Hi crabtrem,

I will put it on Udemy. I will be giving away free coupons so stay tuned as the first arrive/see first will get. There will be many of them though.

Thanks.

Magnificent – both in showing the capabilities of Affinity Designer and the mastery/artistry of Isabel.

Wow a kind and beautiful soul you are Isabel – to offer to make a tutorial on how you achieved this stunning illustration.

I am so looking forward to the reveal of your magic!

Thank you ever so much for such inspiration! – Timber

Thanks!

Of course. The more people doing great things the better all of us including myself will get. For years, dealing with software devs I've been able to request and advise on what I'd like to see implemented in apps so I get my work done better and faster. The more people can get to this level the better the whole will get.

...I will put it on Udemy. I will be giving away free coupons so stay tuned as the first arrive/see first will get. There will be many of them though...

But...but, yeah but,...Isabel...but,...I have been on pins and needles in anticipation of your tutorial; but long hours at work with no possibility of an internet connection mean I don't often get to view the forum. I do not want to miss out on this tutorial so I hope that not only are there plenty of coupons to go around but also that they last more than a short window of time.   :huh:

And let's not forget that I was the first to publicly declare my undying love for you when you initially announced your kind and generous plans to provide this tutorial and share your experience (and your own way of approaching a project) with all of us here.  :wub: That's gotta be worth shooting me a PM when the tutorial is ready and the free coupons are available.  :rolleyes:

:)

But...but, yeah but,...Isabel...but,...I have been on pins and needles in anticipation of your tutorial; but long hours at work with no possibility of an internet connection mean I don't often get to view the forum. I do not want to miss out on this tutorial so I hope that not only are there plenty of coupons to go around but also that they last more than a short window of time. :huh:

And let's not forget that I was the first to publicly declare my undying love for you when you initially announced your kind and generous plans to provide this tutorial and share your experience (and your own way of approaching a project) with all of us here. :wub: That's gotta be worth shooting me a PM when the tutorial is ready and the free coupons are available. :rolleyes:

:)

No worries. I'll make sure you get yours.

• 3 months later...

Hi Isabel, not to bug nor rush you.... any word on when your tutorial on this magnificent work will be online and available? There are many of us out here patiently waiting for you to finish the tutorial. Thanks - Timber

Timber, I understand you, as I'd be the same. I am working hard to get things done, but I had lots of chages in my current professional and personal situation in the las 2 months and things got harder to accomplish for extra work. First course I've been preparing was more of a good training for me on how to do this the best way, and this one should come later, but I need to finish part 1 first. Not asking for followers for the sake of them, but it'd be good if you follow me on Twitter (@Isabel_Aracama) so you learn more on the status of things, as I don't want to be telling everyone about my own businesses on this forum.