You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1957 Chevy Corvette Roadster - Affinity Designer Vectors

IsabelAracama

Holy smoke...... I've looked at that image a few times now and still can't believe it's not a render from a CAD program or similar. Utterly mind boggling that this is vector work. Affinity Designer is awesome! and so are you!

How long did something like this take you, may I ask?

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

• 1 month later...

Thanks George

Hmm I dont really remember how much this one in particular took me as I was doing 12 more things at the time and doing it to relax my mind from other tasks... But I could have it done probs in 3 working days in AD. Around 20 hours of work. Maybe even less as it is not too complex.

• 3 months later...

This is breathtaking!

The car, the BG, light direction and highlights are all

very convincing to me.

I know I'm just a photographer in a vector world but

my eye tells me the wheels reflections… maybe…

www.kodiakmedia.at

TeamViewer: 668 015 544

If personal taste is involved,           Light is free,                       Mother Nature provides the light
discussion is pointless.                   capturing it is NOT.               but talent renders the image.
                                                                                                                        (Charlychuck)

• Staff

Insane work. Totally in awe at the level of talent you display.

Im just very very new at affinity, and then, boom!!! This is stunning me. Should i continue, or just stop doing vector

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 7 months later...

Hi all, since a tutorial for doing this magnificent work hasn't been made, that I'm aware of, I wanted to point out this video of a similar design that covers some of the techniques for realizing a car in Affinity Designer. Take a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_-ZViQZwWQ

Perhaps it will help some of us looking to up our game and achievement with AD.  :)

Cheers – Timber

I realise that this is an old post but this is the first time I've seen this work. Stunning. Absolutely stunning.

Nothing I ever do will be anywhere near as good as this. I think I might hang up my mouse and go back to potato prints.

OMG!!! It's absolutely beautiful! YOU ARE 'Affinity Designer Master.'  :)

I would LOVE to see how you created the artwork.

Thanks for sharing. 

I'm currently doing on-site workshops to teach AD and general ideas on how I approach these kind of illustrations not only in one software, but in any other vector software. It's not only about the tool, but about learning to refine things in a way they make the best result. I'm so insanely busy I only have half way of my tuts completed, but it will definitely come. Finishing the school year at uni and giving my last workshop next week. I will focus on these tutorials mainly on AD for the next year.

TIP: Do not use time savers and shortcuts such as embossing, strokes or 3D effects in these illustrations. It's not about time saving, but carefully crafting effects.

TIP: Do not use time savers and shortcuts such as embossing, strokes or 3D effects in these illustrations. It's not about time saving, but carefully crafting effects.

Nice tip, indeed. Can't wait to see your tutorials. 

Freelance web designer located in San Diego, CA, USA

Portfolio site: http://www.mayahan.net

Art and design blog: Design MInt

Nice tip, indeed. Can't wait to see your tutorials. 

For the time being I just have this on AD on my youtube channel- a review on a tutorial someone did on the creation of a mandala using symbols. This one is commented as some people need comments better than music over or notes. I will be doing several next not only on youtube but other platforms and design magazines. 

• 4 weeks later...