[Expired] Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.10.5.270)

• Moderators

Please use the 1.10.5 release build there is no later beta

Purpose: Improvements and fixes.

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo

Mac App Store: Not submitted

Download ZIP: Download <expired link removed by mod>

Auto-update: Not available

Hello,

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the first build of Affinity Photo 1.10.5 for macOS.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

This beta is an incremental update to the 1.10.4 version recently released to all customers (although it still installs parallel to the released version, as described above). We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the store version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

Affinity Photo Team  :ph34r:

Changes Since Last Beta

- Mitigated UI stalls caused by a bug in macOS 12.0.1 (as best we can, things won't be back to normal until Apple fix the underlying issue).
- Attempted to fix graphics corruption for some users of earlier macOS versions.
- Fixed odd overlay brush behaviour on portrait RAW files.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the beta! No issues here so far. My 2013 Intel MacBook Pro finally had enough problems with the battery and keyboard that when the M1 chips were added to the Pro's, I chose to get a new laptop. I can't comment on speed and performance other than the beta is certainly as response as it was on the old Intel Mac. I don't have the production installed yet so no comments.

Regards - - john

About.png

Edited by jdvoracek
added information

10 hours ago, dronecrasher said:

is it fully compatible with the new Mac silicon chips?

Since day one (November, 17 of 2020) when Apple introduced Apple Silicon, all the applications from Affinity are fully compatible.

Graphic designer from Bilbao (Spain) FreeHand forever. Affinity Designer rocks! - Diseñador gráfico de Bilbao (España). FreeHand forever. Affinity Designer ¡mola!

On 11/6/2021 at 9:57 AM, Andy Somerfield said:

Mitigated UI stalls caused by a bug in macOS 12.0.1 (as best we can, things won't be back to normal until Apple fix the underlying issue).

Did Apple fix these issues in recently released macOS 12.1?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming since I bought the product from the Apple Store I cannot partake in the beta versions of software .. or is there a way of obtaining my product key to install the beta? Failing that, is there a generic license that affinity can issue to perform beta testing?

3 hours ago, Andisen said:

I'm assuming since I bought the product from the Apple Store I cannot partake in the beta versions of software .. or is there a way of obtaining my product key to install the beta? Failing that, is there a generic license that affinity can issue to perform beta testing?

Of course you can! You just need to have your Affinity Photo from Mac AppStore installed and download the beta by clicking a link in the very first message in this thread.

On 11/6/2021 at 9:57 AM, Andy Somerfield said:

Download ZIP: Download

53 minutes ago, Andisen said:

Thank You! .. It was originally asking me for my product Id/Code, of course I didn't have one. It seems I need to have trial versions/purchase/beta in order first.. :)

As long as you have the App Store version installed in the standard location that should be all you need to enable the beta.

-- Walt

Desktop: new:  Windows 11 Home, version 21H2 (22000.613) 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090  (old: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970 )
   Laptop:  Windows 10 Home, version 21H2 (19044.1706) 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
    Affinity Photo 1.10.5 (.1342) and 1.10.5.1342 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.10.5 (.1342) and 1.10.5.1342 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.10.5 (.1342) and 1.10.5.1282 Beta
 iPad Pro M1, 12.9", iPadOS 15.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard

Affinity Photo 1.10.5 (.280) and 1.10.2 (.266) Beta / Affinity Designer 1.10.5 (.21) and 1.10.3 (.19) Beta 

• 5 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, steve.gerbex said:

Little question, is it possible to re use a beta file when the new version will be out ?

Do you mean a document made by a Beta version of Photo? Then yes, it is an Affinity Photo document, there is no Beta or Retail or version number.

Or do you mean the file named "Affinity Photo Beta.app"? Then no, the beta will look for the previous version of Photo.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 11.6.8

Affinity Designer 1.10.5 | Affinity Photo 1.10.5 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.5 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

2 hours ago, steve.gerbex said:

Little question, is it possible to re use a beta file when the new version will be out ?

Like @Old Bruce, I need a clarification. I interpret that you want to install an older beta than is current. If you have the current beta, after you uninstall it, you should be able to install an earlier version. I installed beta only on my new laptop, but I had to enter my license key to enable it. GL!

11 minutes ago, jdvoracek said:

I installed beta only on my new laptop, but I had to enter my license key to enable it.

Yes, that should work as long as you didn't purchase the retail version from the Mac App Store. 

-- Walt

Desktop: new:  Windows 11 Home, version 21H2 (22000.613) 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090  (old: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970 )
   Laptop:  Windows 10 Home, version 21H2 (19044.1706) 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
    Affinity Photo 1.10.5 (.1342) and 1.10.5.1342 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.10.5 (.1342) and 1.10.5.1342 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.10.5 (.1342) and 1.10.5.1282 Beta

Affinity Photo 1.10.5 (.280) and 1.10.2 (.266) Beta / Affinity Designer 1.10.5 (.21) and 1.10.3 (.19) Beta 

• 3 weeks later...

It's kinda quiet here. I hope a nice new version is in the works. I check this forum too often hoping for an update for the pen behaviour - jagged lines on low zoom (<50%)levels and the overall line bugs -. We use affinity professionally on a daily basis (6-8 hours a day) and this is our number 1 - by far - improvement request. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2022 at 11:43 AM, ZufDraw said:

It's kinda quiet here. I hope a nice new version is in the works. I check this forum too often hoping for an update for the pen behaviour - jagged lines on low zoom (<50%)levels and the overall line bugs -. We use affinity professionally on a daily basis (6-8 hours a day) and this is our number 1 - by far - improvement request. 

I've been wondering about this myself. It's unusually quiet, not even bug fix releases that are nearly done (in RC stage). It's odd. Maybe they're having issues, but I think it might have something to do with Apple's mac March 8th event. Maybe Apple has something in store and asked Serif to produce something. But hey, who knows. 🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

yes the mac studio is nice but also a smart way for apple to charge much more.  not only do we not get a display for the same price as with the iMac27  we now have to buy a keyboard and a mouse extra beside the total insane price for ram ! this feels to me like a rip off.  

also have to say the silence here for month does also not look good 

8 hours ago, csp said:

yes the mac studio is nice but also a smart way for apple to charge much more.  not only do we not get a display for the same price as with the iMac27  we now have to buy a keyboard and a mouse extra beside the total insane price for ram ! this feels to me like a rip off.  

also have to say the silence here for month does also not look good 

The price of the Mac Studio is gigantic, I would have hoped for a Mac Mini with M1pro and 32GB. And the studio display is also very expensive. What would be a recommended alternative for the monitor?

Yes, the silence here is worrying. There is already a new version for Windows, just an old beta here.

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2022 at 2:28 PM, Nicole Hurst said:

I was more looking forward to seeing Affinity 2.0!

I think there are at least a few things that should probably make their way into 1.x products before 2.0 is released...  so 1.11 should probably come out first.  Much more for Designer and Publisher than for Photo though.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2022 at 9:45 AM, fde101 said:

I think there are at least a few things that should probably make their way into 1.x products before 2.0 is released...  so 1.11 should probably come out first.  Much more for Designer and Publisher than for Photo though.

Like being able to change the page guide colours, nothing and only 4 years since my initial request !!!

7 minutes ago, metawops said:

What am I doing wrong?

You're trying to use the beta. You can't, until there is a beta that is newer than the Mac App Store version you own. Currently, the Mac App Store version is newer, and is the one you should be using.

-- Walt