You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can Affinity Designer be used for Website Creation UX/UX like Adobe XD?

Can Affinity Designer be used for Website Creation UX/UX like Adobe XD?

"Adobe XD is a vector-based user experience design tool for web apps and mobile apps, developed and published by Adobe Inc"

I am using Wix Editor X and I am looking for quick preparation of assets to import to Wix.

Similar to this:

Thanks!

Edited by Ninjas
Wrong video

Yes, the things that video shows can be done with Affinity Designer too. - In AD you have similar artboards, assets panels etc. tools like in XD, though the overall usage and workflow would be slightly different.

You best download an AD Tryout version (from the bottom of this page) and give it some try out, in order to see yourself if it fulfills your needs for the UX direction you're looking after!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

I already have Affinity Photo, Designer, and Publisher. Desktop & iPad.

Where can I find tutorials on how to export from Affinity Designer to Editor X ?

From what I gather, I would design layout of webpage in Designer, and export slices as assets with Export Persona?

Then upload the assets to Editor X ?

Thank you!

This forum rocks.

7 hours ago, Ninjas said:

Where can I find tutorials on how to export from Affinity Designer to Editor X ?

Honestly you don't need tutorials for that, you just need to know which file formats both apps (AD and Editor X) do support both together as export/import formats for a file format exchange between the apps. - In case of a vector format exchange, you can export as PDF or SVG from AD and import those in Editor X (as far as Editor X supports to import the PDF and/or SVG file formats). - Or if Editor X works/needs PNG/JPG bitmap/raster format files, then you export as those from AD.

7 hours ago, Ninjas said:

From what I gather, I would design layout of webpage in Designer, and export slices as assets with Export Persona?

Then upload the assets to Editor X ?

Yes that would be one common way for exchanging UX handling stuff. - Instead you can also export single items on demand from AD like for example single individual created web site buttons etc. Meaning here, you can export all as a bunch of items, or individual selected slices/items etc. via the Affinity Export persona to the export formats you setup there. Or you can also export single selected items or a whole Artboard or Document the usual way via the normal export as file type (File > Export ...). You can do either way and use the procedure you prefer.

See also the following tutorials:

Export Persona

The Affinity Designer Online help:

And maybe ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2